Ideas for Nitecore TM11 holder/tripod?

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore TM11 is a popular floody monster for area lighting, TM15 is more of a search light with immense throw. The new TM15 will cost ~300$ MAP, CPFMP seller Gun Safari is still clearing the latest version of the TM11 for half that price and afaik only a few copies are left. Today I grabbed the TM11, couldnt resist at this price :devil:

I dont care for TM15's integrated charger and the external power adapter although it is nice to have, but its tripod mount point (known from Niteye EYE30) is ingenious imho. The TM11 lacks such a banal thing.

Has anyone come up with practical ideas of how to hold the TM11 on a tripod or gorillapod?
Please share (any photos of your setup), thanks for some inspiration for imitation! :thumbsup:

For bikes, you could build a custom mount:

Last edited:

Obsessed

Newly Enlightened
I'd look around at lens mounts. Lenses, like the TM11, are round. these collars are designed to balance the weight of the lens/camera combo on the tripod, so I'd assume you could use a similar collar if you could find the right size. I'd just look around for generics and match the diameter up, you should be able to find one that fits.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the ideas!
If anyone actually did that (adel clamps or lens mounts), i am curious to see the result in photographic form :)
Nobody wants to show off their setup?

;)

maybe something like this?

29003511.jpg

33063575.jpg

But which one exactly?
On ebay they can be found under < tripod mount ring > or < stativschelle >, pretty much all of them have an inner diameter of min. 65mm :(

Last edited: