FourSeven Preon 2 where to edc

JNard829

Newly Enlightened
Would it be ok do edc this light in a pocket with keys, and where do you edc your lights?

weez82

Enlightened
I carry my lights where it's the most comfortably. This will differ from person to person. But with that said, I find the preon 2 is fine clipped in my front jeans pocket. I just make sure it's clipped as far back as possible. Works great with my jeans, not so much with my columbia sportswear pants. Carrying a light really depends on the pockets. You'll have to experiment for yourself.

As for keys, I find it to be fine. I've carried a preon 1 with my keys in the same pocket for a few months and no scratching done to the preon 1 body. My key ring is small though, only 4 keys and a fenix e01 on the ring

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
I keep all my EDC lights in my left front pocket, with a set of house, bicycle, and utility keys. I have large hands, and clipping things to my pocket keeps me from getting other things out of my pockets, so I deep-pocket carry my light and my knife. (Knife, a Para2 this year, gets priority RFP placement, with car key.)
I EDC'd a blue Preon2 for about a month.
I found:
It was a little long, but not excessively so;
It accidentally turned on twice;
The finish got a little scratched, but not to the point where it bothered me.

I also tried it for a couple days in my shirt breast pocket. It worked just fine, and was a cinch to use, but made me a little self-conscious.

I then picked up a Black/Titanium Hi CRI. I popped on the Ti head - love it. Also sent the clickyto Zodiac Engineering for their tailcap mod.
It doesn't turn on accidentally anymore.
I carried it for a couple more weeks. I highly recommend the tailcap mod.
The Ti head has a few superficial scratches from my keys. With their matte finish, I'm not going to polish them out - but, again, they are minor and do not bother me.
I now EDC a different light for a multitude of reasons, but keep this guy on backup in an EDC pocket organizer. It's a great little light, and, for me, totally redefined the term "penlight."

Jida

Newly Enlightened
I wear 5.11 Taclite Pro Pants/Shorts and I carry the Preon 2 in the front knife pocket. It carries very well and you generally forget about it. Only issue is the occasional accidental push of the switch when you sit down.

Incidentalist

Enlightened
I've been edc'ing a Ti Preon2 since they first came out. I carry mine clipped to my left front pocket and as far back as it goes. The only other thing I keep in that pocket is a small pocket knife. The knife rides in the bottom of the pocket and they rarely make contact, so they're not banging against each other all day. That said, they are well used and they show it but I've never had a problem and they've held up wonderfully.

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Ti Preon 2 and I carry it in my front left pocket. Either clipped and near the back or just loose in the pocket depending on the day.