TK 70 current draw

ssideup

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I have read a few posts here and abroad about the best batteries for this monster torch and one post mentioned the cell draw on turbo at 8.5amps I believe.
I have tested mine and found it to be 11.2 amps and was wondering if anyone else can confirm a similar draw or would like to comment about this if it seems high or not.
I currently get 65mins on turbo with IMedion's and i am guessing that that is not bad at all.

Risso

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

I have read a few posts here and abroad about the best batteries for this monster torch and one post mentioned the cell draw on turbo at 8.5amps I believe.
I have tested mine and found it to be 11.2 amps and was wondering if anyone else can confirm a similar draw or would like to comment about this if it seems high or not.

Risso

Hi Risso,

The tailcap draw check mainly depends on type of batteries, resistance in the DMM or leads, ETC. The current of each LED is appr. 3A according to the HKJ's excellent review.

CyberCT

Enlightened
The TK70 will also work with a 5th cell. I bought from a Fenix distributor another "4th" cell adapter that comes stock with the TK70. The runtime went from 1 hour 8 minutes on constant turbo to over 1 hour 30 minutes on constant turbo with 1 additional battery. So the less draw on the batteries the exponentially longer the runtime it seems. I used the best tested Tenergy D blue cells for my testing, with the TK70 in cool water the whole time.

Latest posts