There Sure are a BUNCH of Wallyworlds... report...

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I started hitting Walmarts over on Westheimer after going by Batteries Plus for my Craftsman Pack.

Store 1: 2 empty hangers marked "1AAA LED $5.94" Also a Dorcy 2AA Krypton light I have not seen before. Kinda big for 2AA, with a body mounted clickie. Also all three Garrity (2 head, 1 handheld) lights.

Store 2: No hangers marked 1AAA or 1AA LED. All 3 Garrities. I think I saw the Dorcy there again.

Store 3: NO 1AAA or 1AA indications. Did see the Lanyard hanging, 3 button cell, 1 LED Energizer light. Looks interesting, but the button ceels put me off.

Store 4: 3 Garrities all I saw.

Store 5: 3 Garrities and the Energizer.

Store 6: Just the Garrities.

Store 7: (final for today!) Both Garrity Head lights, and SIX DORCY 1AAA LED lights. (minus one Red one!)

I now have three colors of Dorcy 1AAA LED lights.

There are 4 more Walmarts I could hit without TOO much trouble or driving. DAMN there are a bunch of them in this city!

Like I said the Dorcy 2AA light looks interesting. It is supposedly waterproof and floating. It's just rather large for 2AA, and I DO NOT NEED another incandescent light!!!

The Energizer light might be good for emergency type EDC. It says 12 hours on batteries, so used sparingly it should have decent life. It looks to be at least Water resistent.

Whew, I'm pooped!

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
we have but a single wallyworld. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif the next closest is 45 minutes away..

you're lucky you've got all these fallbacks! haha

-Ryan

Tomas

Banned
Re: There Sure are a BUNCH of Wallyworlds... repor

Even you are lucky in the Northern Maine Woods, Ryan - Where I live there are three Wallyworlds in three different directions and none are CLOSER than 45 minutes. Each would average more like 1 to 1 1/2 hours. *sigh*

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
There are no Wall-Marts in or near Seattle - none that I can get to anyway. There's one way out in the woods somewhere to the east, and I think there's one up near Lynnwood. But none in Seattle.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Jeez Joe,

You are one dedicated flashaholic!

Wilkey

ramptapult

Newly Enlightened

I have been to 10-12 wallyworlds around the seattle area most have a space for the 1AAA dorcy but all are empty, in all my stops, probably 30 or so in the last month, I have picked up 2 1AAA Dorcy LED's. hmmmph

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

I don't remember where it was, but several days ago I saw an empty hanger with the tag 1AA LED...

Actually, in 45 minutes from here, are about 8 Walmarts. In an hour or so, if traffic isn't TOO bad, maybe as many as 18!

And while I could have gotten 6 1AAA LED Dorcys today, all I did do is complete a collection of the colors I know to exist. Those being Blue, Silver and Red.

And Wilkey... I'm just doing it for y'all!!! (yeah right!)

TOB9595

Enlightened

PB Joe, You're my idol!!
I enjoy the legwork you do for affordable Flashoholism.

Tho it does run in to big bucks for me...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ::)
Tom

ramptapult

Newly Enlightened

Playboy, are the beams/whiteness all about the same?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

They are all about equal in brightness.

There are differences in beam shape... two are pretty even, one a bit off center.

STILL, at just under 6 bucks, they are easily a poor mans ARC AAA.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

Hit a couple more over the last two days.

The one at Beltway 8 and Wallisvile Road had at least twenty 1AAA Dorcys. I now have a gold one to complete a set.

ramptapult

Newly Enlightened

Wow i was down in olympia today and stopped by the one on galaxy dr and none, nope, nada