SureFire L5 LumaMax Out of Production

Merkava_4

Newly Enlightened
What are the chances of a SureFire L5 NIB still sitting on the shelf somewhere in the United States?

SurefireL5_zps9f972b8a.jpg

Last edited:

FPSRelic

Enlightened
My understanding is that they were discontinued mid last year. Every now and then one pops up on the bay of e NIB, but they are getting rarer and rarer these days.

As for availability in America, I don't live there so I don't know. But if it's like Australia, I would expect to find them in knife or gun shops that like to sell them overpriced, and aren't in the habit of checking prices often.

Merkava_4

Newly Enlightened
FPSRelic,

Thank you for your reply. I've been checking eBay everyday. There was an auction just last week for a NIB L5 in which I placed a bid, but my high bid was not high enough. That was BEFORE I knew how rare they are. A lot of suppliers don't update their webpages and still list them for sale on Google even though they've been sold out a long time ago.

Last edited:

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one for $75 a few weeks ago from a retailer that was going out of business. I found his listing on a gun site and I don't even own a gun.

Like FPSRelic mentioned there will be retailers out there that still have them at full price but if you think beyond the regular searches on Google or flashlight oriented web sites you will find them much cheaper. Also, don't overlook low tech methods like the Yellow Pages. Not every retailer is on the internet.

Good luck in your search.