Pouch for Surefire UB3T Invictus?

gmf2010

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone found a suitable pouch for the UB3T / M3LT shape?

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still open to suggestions.

did you check out md-lightsource's?

md-lightsource.com/Condor-Flashlight-Molle-Belt-Holster-MA48.htm

(i don't believe we're supposed to hyperlink to products so i hope this is ok)

it's only $10, too, so I guess it can't hurt?

gmf2010

Newly Enlightened
I definitely appreciate the suggestion, but I don't think it will fit. The description says it will fit up to a Creland V9, which has a head diameter around 1.75 inches. The UB3T head is 2.5 inches.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I definitely appreciate the suggestion, but I don't think it will fit. The description says it will fit up to a Creland V9, which has a head diameter around 1.75 inches. The UB3T head is 2.5 inches.

oh gotcha, I assumed they were roughly the same size :/

jcalvert

Enlightened
My go to brand for odd sizes, high quality, and a great belt clip is Ripoffs. Due to the odd dimensions of the UB3T's head, the only holster I found that may work well is the CO-159. Although the UB3T is a tad longer than the sheath, from experience, I would bet that the adjustability of the velcro flap would accommodate the extra length of the light.

The challenge is accommodating the heatsinking section below the bezel, which Surefire states is ~1 5/8" in diameter, which the 159 looks like it will accommodate. With the extra room available in the holster below the heatsink, you could possibly fashion a way to store extra cells.

Or, if you just want to fill the extra space, you could snugly fit a short section of PVC pipe into the bottom of the holster that is shorter than the grip ring, and has an I.D. greater than the 1" diameter of the tailcap. That set-up would allow the UB3T's tail end to slide in and out easily. Just a thought.

gmf2010

Newly Enlightened
Thanks a lot! That looks like about as close as I'm going to get to what I'm looking for.