Sunwayman Magnetic Control Ring Fault?

Hellz

Newly Enlightened
My newly purchased V20A has developed a behaviour and I'd like to know if this is a known issue or a fault with my particular unit: Sometimes, when turning the control ring the V20A will blink off for half a second and then continue working normally.

This only happens when the control ring is being turned and does not happen every time. The first time it happened I wasn't sure if I'd imagined it as I couldn't replicate it and it was a couple of days before it happened again.

I have tried the light with Primary AA's, Eneloops and Eneloops XX's and had the issue present itself with each of them.

Apart from this the light performs normally, but at the back of my mind is the thought that this might be precursor to a more serious problem.

Any thoughts or experiences on this?

Thanks in advance,
Patrick

Last edited:

Hellz

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have any ideas? Should I be worried about this?

What would you do?

Thanks,
Patrick

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
My newly purchased V20A has developed a behaviour and I'd like to know if this is a known issue or a fault with my particular unit: Sometimes, when turning the control ring the V20A will blink off for half a second and then continue working normally.

This only happens when the control ring is being turned and does not happen every time. The first time it happened I wasn't sure if I'd imagined it as I couldn't replicate it and it was a couple of days before it happened again.

I have tried the light with Primary AA's, Eneloops and Eneloops XX's and had the issue present itself with each of them.

Apart from this the light performs normally, but at the back of my mind is the thought that this might be precursor to a more serious problem.

Any thoughts or experiences on this?

Thanks in advance,
Patrick

I had to send emails to both the Sunwayman Sales and Service Departments to ask what I could do with my V10R Ti which had very little control at the high end and lots of control at the lower brightness part of the magnetic control ring.

They acknowledged the problem had been seen before by them and they told me to get in touch with my local SWM dealer who would send me a new one.

I sent the problem light back to my local dealer.

I received a new one in the within two days and it this one has not showed signs of any problems.

I would get in touch with Sunwayman if I were you.

Cheers

Hellz

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I've dropped them a line and will see what they say. It's tricky to know what to do as it doesn't seem to be affecting the overall performance of the light but at the back of my mind I'm seeing it as a 'fault'

Thanks.