Muyshondt Aeon

gojira54

Newly Enlightened
Hello All,
I don't have very many flashlights as I have found I don't need them... the aeon has been very useful for me and I have used hundreds of cells in this tool now.

DSC02848aaa.jpg

It's holding up really well considering, but the point of this post is to ask for help - I can't get the right size oring for the battery compartment in the UK, it isvery annoying. I understand this is a AS568 size 13 but am not sure.
Any info or help with UK sources would be much appreciated :)

scout24

Flashaholic
That, sir, looks fantastic! If they can't be had over there, I can try to source them here and mail you a few. :)

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can verify that it is indeed size 13, I'm pretty sure I have some and would be happy to drop a few in the mail to you - just PM your address to me and consider it done! I think I have sizes above and below, too...

nightshade

Enlightened
That Aeon is a tool. Great picture. Size 13 is spot on. One vendor my employer uses when I work the UK is: Simply Bearings(.)co(.)uk
They service local and retail as well. IMO, great folks, have been very helpful to me.

nbp

Flashaholic
That Aeon looks awesome! Great to see a super light that's been well loved. :rock:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a thread out the about showing your lights that have taken abuse. I think this light deserves a place in that thread. That is just great - truly a light that has been well used just the way a light should be - no babying there for sure!

gojira54

Newly Enlightened
Many thanks for the replies, I really appreciate the feedback & offers :)
I've given a few cheap lights to co-workers and they have never lasted more than six months, the aeon certainly is a rugged design.
The threads on the light are fine, but about a year ago the switch activation coil became partially detached from the PCB. It was easily resolved with a bit of careful soldering and the light still lives on as normal.
The glass lens is still like new which I cannot believe.
The brass split ring got bent out of shape pretty quickly but I found some stainless steel replacements which are a good fit, I have some of these left, if anyone wants a couple please PM me :)
After purchasing the light I kind of wished I had bought the ti version but held off due to cost and the class 2 ti construction.
Now I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a 6AL4V version, it should be VERY durable.
I'm interested in the new LED also, improved tint & runtime will be great, thanks to Enrique for ther new run :)

fyrstormer

Banned
I believe Muyshondt said the lense is sapphire, not glass. I'm not clear on whether it's pure crystalline sapphire or sapphire-crystal glass, but either way, it has excellent durability.

I asked Muyshondt during his "final Aeon run" whether he'd keep the brass split-rings in-stock going forward. His response was that they don't usually need replacement, but your story is proof that it does happen. It would be good to know the exact dimensions you used (assuming they snap into place in the tail like the stock split-ring did), and what vendor you got them from.

I have the CP2 version of the Aeon now -- a user and a spare -- the picture below shows a comparison after one year of pocket-carry with other metal tools. CP2 ain't weak.

CIMG5015a.png

gojira54

Newly Enlightened
I got the split rings four year ago off of ebay, they were sold as fishing tackle parts. I had tried a few different places to get the right fit but with no joy. The ones I got are perfect, nice and chunky but still get retained properly.
The ti aeons you have look amazing, can't see any difference between the two.

DSC02850.jpg

gojira54

Newly Enlightened
Thanks a lot for your generosity :)
US standard O-rings just aren't available anywhere I've looked in the UK, I really appreciate your help.

lightplay22

Enlightened
Just have to chime in about the Aeon. I carry a few different EDC lights but I ALWAYS carry the Aeon with me no matter what. It is a true confidence inspiring lighting tool. My HA natural still looks mostly new except for the brass being tarnished/patina after about 4 years of front pocket carry. Wish I had on of the titanium ones!

DucS2R

Enlightened
I have had one too for EDC for at least 4 maybe 5 years on my key chain. I am a teacher and it allowed my to lead my class out of a dark building when the electricity failed (they called me Boy Scout after that), and it is just a great light, nice workmanship, nice aesthetics, etc. mine does not look as worn as the original posters, but it is great to see expensive lights that people are not afraid to use.

T

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope this is an okay thread to ask in, but what configurations did the XR-E Aeons come in? That is, what tints, mode counts, etc?

I've always been intrigued by these CR2 Aeons for sure and I hope to get one someday!

nbp

Flashaholic
I believe the XR-E models had two modes and came in cool and warm tints.