How many people are still using the Fenix old model? you know, like the P1D, L2D, etc

regulation

Newly Enlightened
As the title, actually, I mean the guys stick to your Fenix old model and how long has this old mode flashlight served you?

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
My P1DCE and P1DQ5 are both called on from time to time as power outage backups; the 10 lumen low mode is good for ceiling-bounced bathroom light. The design has been completely superseded by the Quark Mini series though, particularly in the 1x123 format with XM-L..

SamF

Newly Enlightened
We have several around the house. PD20-Q5, P3D-Q5, L2D and a T1. They all serve various purposes - and are at least 4-5 years old. I kinda wish they would die and give me an excuse to buy some new lights.

vermeire

Newly Enlightened
I carry an L1T v2.0 on my belt everyday at work.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

T-roc87

Newly Enlightened
I have used a fenix L2D with the Premium Q5 now for a good 4-5 years. It has taken its fair share of bumps and bruises but has never let me down yet. Still one of my favorite lights for day to day tasks!

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still using the L1P from the 4sevens group buy in 2005 as a pocket light, and it's travelled with me to some interesting spots. It's not the brightest light anymore, but it's a keeper.

Last edited:

cbdudley

Enlightened
Still use my L1P, P2D and P1 on a regular basis. They are some of the first quality lights I ever purchased, and they still work very reliably.

BadBulb4U

Newly Enlightened
Still Using My Old Fenix Models

My Fenix P1D is still in use on my shed keychain ring and my LD01SS has been on my everyday keychain ring since the day I bought it. Both have worked well with no problems. :grin2:

ginaz

Enlightened
Re: Still Using My Old Fenix Models

still rocking my L2T rebel. maybe one day it will die but i hope not. also have an L0P on my keys. that little light has been very good to me. they both have

Last edited:

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast

I started out with an L2D about 5-6 years ago, but I've been carrying a P2D in a front pocket for about 4-5 years. I have 'better' 1xCR123a lights, but I am quite attached to this one. I have lots of o-rings on it to improve the grip, I use it on 'low' 99% of the time, and I think I've changed the battery once. I think I now have about 2 L2D bodies, 3 P2D bodies, 2 L1D bodies, and a total of maybe 4 Q5 bezels? I'm probably going to ask Milky to put an HCRI in one of the L1D lights, and bore it for 17500 at the same time. Then I can swap out the HCRI bezel with whatever I want to use at the time. I know there are more modern lights, and more recent Fenix offerings are beefier, but I like how slim and compact these lights are, and I love the versatility of the interchangeable heads.

bedazzLED

Enlightened

Two that still get regular use are:

1. Fenix TK10. Just a solid, reliable, just about indestructible little workhorse.
2. Fenix PD20 Premium Q5. Great little light, throws just about as good as all my newer, similar sized lights, and just feels good in the hand.

bluemax_1

Enlightened

I just replaced my L2D Rebel head on L1D body for EDC this past week.

New EDC is a Quark QPA on 14500. Way brighter on Turbo, way dimmer with ridiculously long runtimes on Moonlight, and everything else I liked about the Fenix.

The Fenix still runs fine. It will now be relegated to emergency light status back on the L2D body.

Max

Ishango

Enlightened

I still use my L1T-V2.0 regularly in my EDC rotation. I promised myself not to keep shelf queens and use each and every light at least once in a while (I of course have my personal favourites). Although is it not as bright as my other more recent EDC's it still is considered brighter than most non-flashaholics know about lights.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast

LOD with rebel still on keychain.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wife's EDC is her P1d with the leef clicky body. Also have the (sp)shikomane or whatever it was called body for it and a spare P1d Q5 I picked up in case the head ever goes bad.

Gave my bud a P1d-ce which is his EDC since bought.

NCF8710

Newly Enlightened

My original P1D is in my tool kit. The P1D CE is now on the end table having been replaced by a JB RRT01 as my EDC light. These have been and still are reliable lights.

josean

Newly Enlightened

Still using my Fenix L2T 1st generation (Luxeon III).