How do you (ab)use your favorite lights

taclightning

Newly Enlightened
So, being somewhat new to the flashoholic world, I am taking my fist steps of many I am sure.

Having bought a few quality lights, I am now immersed in totally new questions about "my precious" lights.
Everything from -what grease to keep o-rings from decaying, to how-to wipe the lens.

There is many different ways to do things, regarding lens cleaning I have seen everything from "I use an old newspaper" to "I send my lights to NASA's mirrorcleaning dept."
I have seen new terms spanning from "shelf-queen" to "rat-light".

Now finding out (after reading a "how to clean the lens-thread") that my Eagletac actually has a few minor scratches on the lens, rendered me almost sleepless.

Now I donno if my new precious Nitecore EC2 has to be elevated to shelf-queen status, but that's no fun either. Therefore, I ask you to post a pic of your most (ab)used precious lights - with a comment on you think the abuse has effected your light - if at all, to help us all (me?:duh2:) to stop being afraid of using our lights a bit rough.

Let me start out.
Led Lenser P2 - hard to see on pic, but worn, needs silicone spray often to keep focus functionality.
Beam not affected by scratches, the P2 is born with a notorious "bad" quality beam :)
photo_zps728229b5.jpg

Last edited: