Better Thrower-Macs Deep18650 vs. Gizmo Makai?

SuPpAvIlLiN

Enlightened
Hey guys, after alot of questions being answered buy you all I think I know what im looking for.
What light do you all think would throw better? The MAC's 18650 Deep head with 700lumens? Or the Makai ran at about 300 lumens?

SuPpAvIlLiN

Enlightened
Also, does anybody know how to get ahold of macs? I emailed him a couple weeks ago and never got a responce and I emailed him again yesterday and still nothing?
Edit: Mac got back to be here very shortly after I PM'd him.

Last edited:

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would suggest the Mac light as it's brighter and runs on a longer lasting 18650, not sure if the 6v Makai can. It's also more edc friendly than the Makai head.

But then again I'm bias because I love Mac's lights!

Also, Mac does have tendency to not answer messages, it can be frustrating but his lights are worth it!

SuPpAvIlLiN

Enlightened
Thanks for the help. this light will not be an EDC but still will be carried at night only. I wonder how big the Makai head is? I do like how the Macs is an 18650, thats my favorite battery, brusers
Yea, it sucks he isnt getting back. It is almost the deciding factor, Don is getting right back to every message within 2 hours and answereing all my Q's. I still have alot of questions on the Mac and if I cant get ahold of him I can order. I dont want to send a payment through to a ghost town,ya know.

thaugen

Enlightened
Mac gets back with me fairly quickly via pm here on this site. I would not be worried about ordering from Mac or Don. They are both great light makers and reliable dealers.

fyrstormer

Banned
Mac and McGizmo both make excellent products. I tend to prefer McGizmos though, because the parts are interchangeable with other parts made on the Surefire E-series standard. And with an E2C adaptor, it is possible to use C-series parts as well. It might even be possible to use a C2M adaptor to get a truly ridiculously large head with an E-series body -- which sounds pointless, but being able to use standard-size drop-ins in a C- or M-series head, but still be able to unscrew the head to replace the batteries without exposing the drop-in to possible damage, is very convenient.

SuPpAvIlLiN

Enlightened
Yea, I really like McGizmo too. As far as quality and all that Gizzy is my fav so far.
This time I am just really looking for an awesome bright thrower. I actually just stumbled on the THUD, it is really looking like exactly what I want. It has the tactical anti roll body that the Mac has and it has the big thrower head that the Makia does. But its brighter than both and the head is bigger than both. It is really the best of both worlds and than some. But so is the price.hmmm......But it sure is awesome, it even has the bonus of trit slots that I am really into.