Zebralight SC52 & SC52w

[size=5]Are you looking into :thinking: buying the Zebralight [b]SC52[/b]?[/size]

• [size=3][b]Yes[/b], i pre-ordered it! :nana:[/size]

Votes: 74 17.7%
  • [size=3][b]Yes[/b], i ordered it. :grin2:[/size]

Votes: 114 27.3%
  • [size=3][b]Yes[/b], i [i]am[/i] going to order it sooner or later. Count me in yet! :santa:[/size]

Votes: 140 33.5%
  • [size=3][b]Yes[/b], but i am not too sure about it, neither now nor in future. :shrug:[/size]

Votes: 62 14.8%
  • [size=3][b]Yes[/b], but most likely it's [b]not[/b] gonna happen for some reason. :sigh:[/size]

Votes: 28 6.7%

• Total voters

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: *NEW* Zebralight SC52

Definitely more tempting than the SC51.
The switch upgrade was sorely needed. The XML is a good addition.
The 14500 official support is very good. I would use 14500 exclusively. The regular AA battery option doesn't interest me at all.

Not wild about the power stepping down after a minute, but I suppose that's to be expected. All the Chinese lights seem to do that. It seems so anti-climactic to get all revved-up about 500 lumens, and then after a minute it's back down to the normal AA output anyway.

moozooh

Enlightened

Actually that never bothered me with the SC600: I either used its full power for a few seconds at a time to light up something in the distance, or for 15–20 minutes at a time (when biking), which would have made all compact lights either step down or lose brightness naturally (or overheat and degrade, if they're bad).

Swede74

Enlightened

*New* Zebralight SC52 flashlight upcoming with official 14500 support!
Anyone got an itchy:crackup:finger yet?

I just noticed they had updated their comparison sheet. For a brief moment I thought I would be the first to break the news, but you get the:goodjob: - credits this time :)

I'm still in the process of familiarizing myself with the H502 that I received today, if it weren't for that I'd certainly have an itchy finger.

I hope the switch is not only more recessed, but also a bit stiffer than that on the H502. Somewhere between the stiffness (I hope that's not an offensive choice of word) of the SC600 and SC51 switches would be ideal, in my opinion.

Finally, if the clip is attached with two screws, like on the SC51, it will probably come as close to being the perfect EDC as is reasonable to expect of any light.

Last edited:

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not wild about the power stepping down after a minute, but I suppose that's to be expected. All the Chinese lights seem to do that. It seems so anti-climactic to get all revved-up about 500 lumens, and then after a minute it's back down to the normal AA output anyway.

Laws of Physics. Can't circumvent them. They make it to go 500 lumens in order to sell to those chasing lumens over all else, but it has to come back to reality.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast

Laws of Physics. Can't circumvent them. They make it to go 500 lumens in order to sell to those chasing lumens over all else, but it has to come back to reality.

I mean, we can make you a pinky-sized light that will do 1000 lumen, but it'll need needles and pumps to enhance the cooling with fresh blood. I don't know about you, but I can't heatsink more than about 10W of light in my hand continuously before I start to get overwarm. If you need that output for long, then at present you'll have to accept the hardware to support it. In the meantime I can check my brakes for rocks with my Vesuvius on max for a few seconds at a time.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast

SC52? I'm in!

I wouldn't mind getting a neutral zebralight. I wonder when the neutrals will come out.

tickled

Newly Enlightened

That's great but still no Q50? It's like 12 months behind now.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

i think lumen numbers sell. 500 lumen in a small package is fun and not really practical. it's nice to see 14500 support. it's possible there will some loss of zebralights famous efficiency when having a bigger voltage range.
i agree. i think the xpg2 would be a better fit in the smaller package. it'll have more lux i'm sure appearing more brighter.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast

i wonder if low-voltage stepdown also works with 14500. if so then i'm sold

i just wish they would release a 4750 to 5000K tint

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast

The H51 also needs a update. I am in for an H52, if they offer one.

selas

Newly Enlightened

i wonder if low-voltage stepdown also works with 14500. if so then i'm sold

Specs have been updated: "low battery step down (AA and 14500), all levels current regulated (AA and 14500)"

Latest posts