Question about the Jetbeam BA20

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can the BA20 be turned into a one AA light by removing part of the body? It looks like a BA10 with an extension tube. It would be cool if I could get a BA20, and convert to, essentially, a BA10 when I wanted something to put in my pocket. The other issue may be that the driver in the BA20 may not work on one AA. I do not own any Jetbeam lights and I was thinking of trying one of these. Thank you!

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
So nobody has this light? I thought Jetbeams were popular lights and this would be an easy question!! :thinking:

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
im pretty confident that BA10/20 share the same head

question is, how do you propose to shorten it?

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
im pretty confident that BA10/20 share the same head

question is, how do you propose to shorten it?

I have a Quark x AA2 where the head and tail are removable. You can purchase a single AA body for it and convert it to a single AA light. I thought maybe the Jetbeam BA20 was made the same way. It almost looks like from photos, that if the BA20 can be taken apart like the Quark, you would just remove the slim part of the body, and you would have a single AA light. I have a cheap light made by Romisen that does this, but it converts from a 2AA light, to a single CR123 configuration. Both the BA10 and BA20 seem like really good values for the money and I am surprised more people do not own them. Maybe I should just answer my own question and buy both! :devil:

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own a BC-10, a PC-10 and a Pa-10. I just looked at the different pictures of the BC-10 and the BA-10 vs their double battery counterparts, the BC-20 and BA-20, and it looks like all you'd need is the longer battery tube to convert the BA-10 to a BA-20. You could also do that with the BC-10, Pa-10, or PC-10. You could convert them to BC-20, PA-20 or PC-20 with the correct longer battery tube.

That makes we wonder if maybe I might want to contact Jetbeam and see if they will sell the double battery tubes for these lights, which is what you will have to do to get one.

The reason I bought the PA-10 and PC-10 vs their double battery counterparts is that even though those 2 lights only run on 1 battery, they are actually capable of being brighter than the double battery versions! The Pa-10 runs up to 650L with a 14500 battery, vs. the PA-20 only goes up to 230L, and the PC-10 goes up to 550L with a 16340 battery, but the PC-20 only runs up to 410L.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Quark x AA2 where the head and tail are removable. You can purchase a single AA body for it and convert it to a single AA light. I thought maybe the Jetbeam BA20 was made the same way. It almost looks like from photos, that if the BA20 can be taken apart like the Quark, you would just remove the slim part of the body, and you would have a single AA light. I have a cheap light made by Romisen that does this, but it converts from a 2AA light, to a single CR123 configuration. Both the BA10 and BA20 seem like really good values for the money and I am surprised more people do not own them. Maybe I should just answer my own question and buy both! :devil:

single-AA body tube for jetbeams aren't normally available. you're probably better off getting a BA10 then fabricating an extender tube, like what i did with my LD10 some years back

cimg6510medium.jpg