Powerhouse Pocket Rocket!

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
My new toy!
New Malkoff Wildcat 1350 Lumens OTF with the short MD2 body and McClicky switch, running on a pair of IMR18350.
Just under 5.5" long.
Very compact with mucho power!
Haven't checked the run-time yet, but I expect somewhere around 20-30 minutes on High. I won't push the run-time limits though, so I can get best battery life. Should have 10 hours or more on the Low setting.
I'll just re-charge the batteries often.

It's really cool to feel and see how compact this feels in the hand, and how much output it has.
I just had to share!

Note the TWO Wildcats in the bottom photo! One with hair!

A few pics:
light+001.jpg

light+003.jpg

Last edited:

S1LVA

Enlightened
I did the same thing yesterday just to see if it worked! I had cr123 primaries in the light when I tested it.

It's good to know that this combo works for when you're in a pinch. Or just for plain showing off ;)

S1LVA

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoa! That's smaller than I thought it was. Our cat is by now thoroughly uninterested in flashlights, unless they make small beam patterns to chase.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoa! That's smaller than I thought it was. Our cat is by now thoroughly uninterested in flashlights, unless they make small beam patterns to chase.

He's just six months old, so he's interested in getting into everything!

Regarding the light's size, they always seem to look big in the photos, but they aren't really big lights.
They are similar to the Quark Turbo 2x123 in size.
Not the smallest lights out there, but for the power output they are some of the most compact lights out there. I can't think of many that are smaller with that kind of power. Maybe the TorchLab triple, but when you put 2x18350 in that, its about the same size as this.

luciferous

Newly Enlightened
Really good to see its size in a perspective we can relate to. Thanks for taking time to do that.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been known to screw my Hound Dog onto an MD2 with a McClicky'd Z41, driven by two RCR123s.

It fits comfortably in a cargo pocket, and impresses every time.

Grizz

S1LVA

Enlightened
I did some not so scientific tests with my "WildKitten" set up tonight.

With 2x 123 primaries, it pulls 3A give or take a bit. Current is virtually the same with a single 3.7v rechargeable but it is noticeably dimmer.

On two IMR 18350s it pulls 1.8A! Going with the OP's estimate, I'd say 20-25 mins on high is a fair guess.

Happy lego-ing,
S1LVA

DucS2R

Enlightened
I love my wildcat too, but have only used it with the MD 4 and MD 3. Beautiful cat, is he a particular breed?

Thanks,

T

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,
Thanks!

He's some sort of mix, but I'd say that he has a predominance of some sort of "blue" breed. Possibly Russian Blue.
But he has white feet and throat and belly, so he's not purebreed.
He does like to play fetch, which is a known attribute of the Russian Blue.
I do like the look though! He's a nice cat, and only 6 months old.

Last edited: