Will we ever be satisfied ?

jamie.91

Enlightened
Well will we ?

I've just received my Thrunite TN11 and its awesome! Just been out with our Alfie ( cocker spaniel ) on the field and I was impressed... For five minuets :( I honestly don't think I will ever be happy, like some kind of drug addict, once I've had some I want MORE, I don't know weather my eyes adjust to the brightness or what but after 5 minuets I started to think about owning a maxabeam, then I started thinking what next, will I ever be happy? Will there ever be a light good enough for us?

So what do you guys think, are you happy with your brightest light?

I for one feel like I could never have enough throw/lumens/power, maybe that's why I like lasers:/

Also my TN11 is my new favourite light :thumbsup:

Jamie

Last edited:

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought four new lights this year and each one has more light than I thought I would ever need.

I do enjoy coming to this web site, but I do not think I will not need any more new and brighter lights for a long time. I expect these new lights to last me for quite a while.

What is still an unknown is if these newer lights will last as long as my Surefire lights.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
I REALLY wish i could be happy.
I have so many, and as much as i love them there's always brighter, smaller, better lighter material...

Or even different finishes to the lights i already have.
I have doubles and triplicates of some lights.

luceat lux vestra

Enlightened
I REALLY wish i could be happy.
I have so many, and as much as i love them there's always brighter, smaller, better lighter material...

Or even different finishes to the lights i already have.
I have doubles and triplicates of some lights.

Once you have the sickness..........:sick: I just need one more flashlight..:crazy:

appliancejunk

Enlightened
Nope.
It's not alway bigger and brighter for me either. Sometimes it's smaller and dimmer low setting, new features, different battery type, etc...

This is the third weekend in a row that I have ordered a new flashlight.

This is how it goes for me...

1. Read forum during the week.
2. Come the weekend I have a couple new flashlights in mind and start watching all the youtube videos I can find on them.
3. Order new flashlight during the weekend and receive it by Wed.

By Wed. I have already been reading about new flashlights I want to order by the weekend, lol...

This seem to happen every Fall for me for the last few years.

I'm starting to see a pattern. ;)

But then I don't have to explain myself to you guys because you all understand, right? :)

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Satisfied?

When my pocket torch:

343n0k0.jpg

Can do this:

21mz0pg.jpg

Then I'll be satisfied.

Burgess

Flashaholic
So what do you guys think, are you happy with your brightest light?

I'm happy with ALL of my flashlights !

Whether they are Bright, or not !

I admit that i'm Not at ALL like (most ?) of you people . . . .

Not interested in MAXIMUM brightness, but rather just Bright Enough for my needs.

Naturally, it depends upon my task at hand.

But i honestly can't say that I want MORE lumens than i already have.

( perhaps 160 or so )

We are certainly living in Great Times to be a Flashaholic !

:thumbsup:

lovecpf
_

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Satisfied?

When my pocket torch:

343n0k0.jpg

Can do this:

21mz0pg.jpg

Then I'll be satisfied.

It actually can with some of the drop-ins available today. I'll not go into any details to detract from the point of this thread - but it's available.

As far as I go - that's a hard question to answer.
In reality, up until I joined here just over 3 years ago, I was generally pretty happy with just one or two lights / no multiple levels / ugly tints.
Since joining CPF I have gone through well over 200 lights, have owned upwards of 75 at a time, and have constantly narrowed down the exact features, UI, beamshape, tint, brightness that I desire in a light.

Some lights satisfy me more than others but I've come to the conclusion that it is about the journey more than the destination. And I really enjoy the journey so much that I don't look or expect to be fully satisfied.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^^

Dood, I have the brightest dropin available on the planet, and it is still nowhere near as bright (nor warm) as depicted above. :D

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
If someone is already satisfied then:laughing: he doesn't get to read this post!

recycledelectrons

Newly Enlightened
When Moore's Law takes over an industry, the customers begin to expect better products to come along every few weeks. Iphone buyers would be very upset if the new Iphone was the old Iphone with a new year stamped into it. (But car buyers are very happy with only slight changes from one year to the next.)

We'll be satisfied (1) when Moore's Law peters out for LEDs, (2) when batteries stop advancing at 10% per year, (3) when our fancy microprocessor controlled interfaces are as standard as our keyboards, mice, and LCDs (or our old side-clicky switches,) and (4) when we standardize on a (very) few battery sizes.

DuncanHynes

Newly Enlightened
I agree with most every point each has made so far. I too read up on new lights or LED types, research, contemplate buying what I can and finding the courage to actually buy the light in question. When it arrives it's like Christmas all over...from opening the package, looking at the invoice, feeling the weight of the light for the first time in person...and waiting until dark to test it and compare to the other lights from the collection. But truly we won't be 'satisfied' as we are collectors and enthusiasts that pride ourselves on being "elite". It's a hobby, it's fun and it keeps me off the streets. We will always want more but those around us will be ever so thankful when the night is pierced by our hands (and forward clickies).

Last edited:

Up All Night

Enlightened
Satisfied?

When my pocket torch:

343n0k0.jpg

Can do this:

21mz0pg.jpg

Then I'll be satisfied.
I've seen that shot before. Looks like a Lenser or Coast pic and maybe a little long on exposure. Would you enlighten me?
Anyway, I'm not looking for any kind of satiation. I like to plug along! Hopefully with more hits than misses!!

Mooreshire

Newly Enlightened
I fear I'll blind myself before this is all over... and that seems to do nothing to dissuade me. :devil:

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a Thrunite TN30 a few months ago, because I wanted a REALLY bright light, but unfortunately its too bright for my neighborhood because I live on a cul de sac and have neighbors in other houses behind me as well, plus many trees that block its throw potential, so I took it out one night to the country to check it out in open fields, but it was really humid and hot, and there was like a mist and fog hanging in the air, which prevented me from really seeing its potential. But I havent taken it out again. I thought I had discovered that I really dont need anywhere near that much light or brightness, but really I already knew that, but wanted a super bright light anyway, now I dont even use it!

So to answer your question, not only do I not feel that I need a brighter light, I feel that some of my lights are too bright for normal use... In fact, the higher settings on most of my lights are too bright most of the time...

I had planned on buying a Thrunite TN31 for maximum throw, but I already have a Fenix TK41, and I dont even use its highest setting, so why would I need an even longer thrower?

So for now I am completely set as far as huge flood or long throw is concerned. If I want to go out and check out herds of deer late at night, I have a light that will illuminate much of an entire field.....I also have lights that can cover ALL brightness levels in between too, so I am content, however its not really max brightness that intrigues me now, although I do expect a new light to at least be comparable to similar sized lights, but whats more important to me is a good UI, good low to medium mode options, good run times, great heat dissipation ability, aesthetic quality, etc.

Last edited: