XM-L U3???

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
Last edited:

mr.lumen

Enlightened
Not in the world of electronics would it be considered recent. And I have heard that Cree is notorious for releasing new bond with out annouement and are slow to update their site. On Wikipedia it shows there is a planned U3 bin so I was thinking this might be legit. Rather hoping

hellokitty[hk]

Enlightened
The T5 5C1 bin is also not listed on their binning and labeling sheet but it's available, even from one of the supplies listed on the Cree website.

Xmldriver

Enlightened
I have ordered from them before and always got what I expected :thumbup:

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The U3 or U4 only gives information about the max. luminous flux, not the color tint. when you check the pages 2-4 you see there are several tints with U3 and U4.

mr.lumen

Enlightened
So is there any American site that is selling the U3 or U4?

Also, has anyone got their hands on one and tested it compared to a U2?

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a couple from ledtech, the german site. They're only available in 2s tint at the moment which is on the blue/green side but perfectly acceptable IMO. Cutter are also selling the U3 2S but ledtech have them soldered directly to copper boards with no dielectric layer in between. I'm overdriving one at 5A and the tint improves significantly.

mr.lumen

Enlightened
i just ordered one from there. let me know when you get them and tell me if you think its a legit. im glad its in the 1c tint. should have a beautiful color. my question is does having it on that aluminum board hinder the heat transfer? my driver is a 2.8amp so would it even effect it that that current or should i try to get it on a copper pcb?

On a more budget minded forum I found more threads about them. I ordered them from here

http://www.intl-outdoor.com/cree-xml-u3-1c-led-12mm-mcpcb-p-594.html

Intl-outdoor I've shopped at before. I think the U3 is real.