The 2012 NFL thread

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm now watching the Eagles/Giants game on 9/30/12, I literally just turned it on, and for those who tend to 'over-rate' Eli Manning, I'd tell you to look at his play at 10:54pm on 1st down! He threw it into the end zone, right into the arms of an Eagle defender! Yes!! Dont know if the birds will win this game, but right now they are driving hard just 3 minutes after that fantastic play, and they're already down to the Giants 30 yard line. Its just one first down after another, and the Eagles are ahead 13-10. Its 4 minutes into the 4th quarter. But now Vick got sacked for the 1st time this game, and now its a field goal. Darn! Now its 16-10.

Anyway, hopefully this will be the NFL 2012 thread, and I started it out by talking up the Eagles and talking down the Giants, because the Eagles are America's team after all, and they are 7-1 against the Giants in the last 8 games over 4 years!(Some Superbowl champs huh?)

So, aside from waiting for the Eagles to win the Superbowl this year, feel free to post any football related comments....

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, now its 11:50pm, and now the Eagles are 8-1 over the Giants over the past 9 games! It wasnt a really pretty win at 19-17, but it was a win nonetheless, now the birds are #1 in the NFC East at 3-1.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
There hasn't been any NFL in 2012 for me, because I'm using a Roku to watch TV. Got every single sports station preset on my fancy radio, but that's not the same..

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

There should be two incorrect challenges per game,,,,, but unlimited CORRECT.
Your done after two bad challenges, but if your challenges are correct, game On..
{only one challenge for ball placement}

Last edited:

blasterman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Biggest thing that I've noticed so far this season is the elevation of pass defense in the league overall. None of league's elite QB's have had an easy time at any point. Not sure if this is just due to better drafting, smarter defensive coordinators, lack of a league wide rush threat or just plain a reponse to the all purpose TE trend that can morph into any player like the T-1000 from Terminator.

Love the new tie-breaker rule. Essentially the winner of the OT coin toss can no longer win the game by hoofing a 55yd field goal on the first possession. Long time coming.