Surefire 6 pack with battery case

ico

Enlightened
I just saw this photo recently and was trying to get a hold of the picture of the battery case only. Do any of you guys have a picture of the battery case only? Thanks

dH2Hw.jpg

Up All Night

Enlightened
ico,
I can't provide the requested pic as I don't own one. I can tell you from seeing/handling the package at a local retailer many times it's nothing to get excited about. It seems to be made of material not much stronger than a typical blister pack. Unless you find it at a crazy cheap price you shouldn't waste your money. IMHO! Here in Canada that goes for $20!...........Nuts!!

Norman

Newly Enlightened
I can tell you from seeing/handling the package at a local retailer many times it's nothing to get excited about. It seems to be made of material not much stronger than a typical blister pack. Unless you find it at a crazy cheap price you shouldn't waste your money. IMHO! Here in Canada that goes for $20!...........Nuts!!

Really? Where'd you see a package with more than 2 CR123s? The best prices I've ever seen locally are $5 for a single Panasonic @ MEC or a pair of Energizers @ The Source for $12. I keep thinking it's a good thing the Canadian dollar is worth more than the US, or the prices would be ridiculous. This is why I'd never buy a light that uses CR123s.

Up All Night

Enlightened
Really? Where'd you see a package with more than 2 CR123s? The best prices I've ever seen locally are $5 for a single Panasonic @ MEC or a pair of Energizers @ The Source for $12. I keep thinking it's a good thing the Canadian dollar is worth more than the US, or the prices would be ridiculous. This is why I'd never buy a light that uses CR123s.

The above mentioned batts can be found at Le Baron, they also sell them in two packs for $7. I buy Surefire 123s locally(Toronto area) for 22.50 + HST per dozen. If you ever consider a 123 powered light I can PM you the info.

Let It Bleed

Newly Enlightened
I've seen SF 2pks at Lowes for $5. As pointed out above, quality CR123 cells are easily found online for $2 or less. A 4pk of lithium AA or AAA at walmart is usually $6.99 or $1.75 each. Alkaline AA and AAA are usually about $0.50 each and you will use at least 4 alkaline for every 1 lithium. Except for NiHM rechargeable batteries, I see no advantage in AA compared to CR123.

I personally prefer CR123, but the reasons are outside the scope of this topic. On topic, I've never seen the referenced 6pk of SF 123 cells, but from the photo there doesn't look to be a reusable battery carrier.

Up All Night

Enlightened
I've seen SF 2pks at Lowes for $5. As pointed out above, quality CR123 cells are easily found online for $2 or less. A 4pk of lithium AA or AAA at walmart is usually $6.99 or $1.75 each. Alkaline AA and AAA are usually about $0.50 each and you will use at least 4 alkaline for every 1 lithium. Except for NiHM rechargeable batteries, I see no advantage in AA compared to CR123.

I personally prefer CR123, but the reasons are outside the scope of this topic. On topic, I've never seen the referenced 6pk of SF 123 cells, but from the photo there doesn't look to be a reusable battery carrier.

I can assure you the battery case is in there, it's a POS! Norman and myself are referencing B&Ms in Canada, if you don't know where to look prices are crazy. I'm getting SFs @ 22.50/doz locally, no need for online orders.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
When buying new Surefire batteries they should expire 10 years from date of purchase; bought today theey would expire 2022.

glowrdr

Newly Enlightened
Yep - hate to say it, but the "reusable case" is the blister pack. No different then when I buy 24 packs of AA/AAA's and the cardboard seperates from the edges of the plastic so you can snap it back together

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought the 12 pack version at a military base earlier this year because I noticed they were really fresh batteries, and I needed some spare batteries for a Streamlight I was carrying at the time and yes the battery case is a piece of crap, throw away quality thin piece of plastic. Upon getting back I removed the batteries and chucked the "case" in the garbage. I have a few spare Surefire 12 pack cardboard boxes and put them in one of those instead. This fits in my cupboard much better and is less stupid looking. The pelican cases are nice, but I've never really seen a need for them.

Last edited: