Best price on a Jetbeam RRT21 and some protected 18650s?

E_Lumin_Audi

Newly Enlightened
I have a charger, now I just need the light and some batteries.

And hey, where is the for sale forum? Do I need to make more posts or something to be able to see it? I have a Nitecore D10 I'd like to sell

Dubois

Enlightened
Don't know about best price, but Illumination Supply has a very, very good price on the RRT21 at the moment.

E_Lumin_Audi

Newly Enlightened
I actually found Illumination Supply with a search. I'm back in the flashlight game after living with my Nitecore D10 for a couple years; now I'm looking for a cycling light. So out of context, I didn't know what to believe with Illumination Supply -- is this a rip-off? Cheap Chinese stuff that'll break in a week? But I pulled the trigger anyway. The light is on it's way

Dubois

Enlightened
I actually found Illumination Supply with a search. I'm back in the flashlight game after living with my Nitecore D10 for a couple years; now I'm looking for a cycling light. So out of context, I didn't know what to believe with Illumination Supply -- is this a rip-off? Cheap Chinese stuff that'll break in a week? But I pulled the trigger anyway. The light is on it's way

No, not a rip-off. He's a respected dealer and member of this forum and the Marketplace. He is selling off his Jetbeam & Niteye stock cheaply following Niteye's blatent copying of a custom built light. You will get your light pretty quickly, I would imagine.

Dubois

Enlightened
Depends where you live. A US postal service ban on sending lithium-ion cells by air has put the spanner in the works somewhat.

I've bought all my 18650 cells recently from China, all Panasonic 3100mAh based. If you're in the US, perhaps Orbtronics

I would stick to protected Panasonic based cells - Keeppower (search eBay) Intl Outdoor, and panasonic protected (green) are all good.

PM me if you want links.

aau007

Enlightened

I don't think you can beat the price of the rrt21 at IS. Jetbeam is a Jetbeam regardless of where you buy it unless it is a fake, which I have not heard of one. BTW, JB is a chinese make but in good quality and most likely not break in a week unless you get a defective one. Enjoy your new light.

As for 18650, if you want to save money, rip the batteries off some old laptop battery packs or any packs that might have deemed bad by the laptop. Bad laptop battery packs usually have at least half the cells that are still good and strong and rrt21 will gladly accept unprotected 18650 cells.

Dubois

Enlightened
As for 18650, if you want to save money, rip the batteries off some old laptop battery packs or any packs that might have deemed bad by the laptop. Bad laptop battery packs usually have at least half the cells that are still good and strong and rrt21 will gladly accept unprotected 18650 cells.

I think stripping a laptop battery pack for 18650 cells might be, no disrespect to OP, running before he can walk. With the money saved from the sale price of the RRT21 from Craig, just buy a protected cell, rather than risk shorting a cell whilst dismantling a laptop pack.

aau007

Enlightened
I think stripping a laptop battery pack for 18650 cells might be, no disrespect to OP, running before he can walk. With the money saved from the sale price of the RRT21 from Craig, just buy a protected cell, rather than risk shorting a cell whilst dismantling a laptop pack.
Ah yeah. stripping cells out of laptop battery packs is no child play, especially when ripping the battery casing. There is a lot of energy stored in those packs and if not careful, one can get into a big mess. Standard "use extra caution" disclaimer applies here.

E_Lumin_Audi

Newly Enlightened
Don't worry guys, I won't be ripping apart laptops. $10.95 for a 18650 protected is fine by me @ BatteryJunction. I bought 2 and a lithium for my E05. $25. No laptop burns