NEW powerful headlamp Niteye 120 1710lumen

ayla85

Newly Enlightened
I have always been wondering why there is no really powerful quality headlamps out there but now, fortunately there is!
I stumbled upon this powerful headlamp. Seems pretty solid and very bright output. It can be equipped with 2-cell (on neckband) or 4-cell battery (waist, I assume it is 18650 in packs)
Price is approx 100GBP
As hotlinking is forbidden and the manufacturer doesn't seem to have the model on their website you will have to google "KFLED NitEye-H120"

1710 Lumens 20W LED Headlamp for Outdoor Sports, Skiing, Orienteering
Spec
1710lumens 20W LED headlamp--NitEye H120
1. 2pcs CREE MC-E 10W 855lum LED
2. Simple Spot/Flood switching.
3. 4 modes
(1)Low power mode
(2)Flood mode 10W 855lum
(3)Spot mode 10W 855lum
(4)Hybrid mode 20W 1710lum
4. Rechargeable Li-ion battery pack
5. Hybrid collimator LENS and reflector
6. Adjustable mount with friendly operation
7. Light weight Aluminum cooler to guarantee LED lifetime
8. Waterproof IP68
9. Multi-cells (2-4-8-10 cells) rechargeable battery of Li-ion, NIMH
10. 2 cells smart battery pack headband mounted with battery level& alarm indicator
Ideal for off road skiing, roller skiing, also great for rescue, orienteering, caving, fishing, camp
A set of headlamp including
1. A fashion design headlamp
2. 2/4/8/10pcs Li-ion Rechargeable Battery(18650) Pack (optional)
3. A set headband mount
4. A Charger with connecting line
5. Package bag

Edit: I now found out they have the above light in 2x XML, 2000lumen! :)

Last edited:

Esko

Enlightened
I have always been wondering why there is no really powerful quality headlamps out there but now, fortunately there is!
I stumbled upon this powerful headlamp. Seems pretty solid and very bright output. It can be equipped with 2-cell (on neckband) or 4-cell battery (waist, I assume it is 18650 in packs)
Price is approx 100GBP
As hotlinking is forbidden and the manufacturer doesn't seem to have the model on their website you will have to google "KFLED NitEye-H120"

The brand name is KFLed (Shenzhen KFLED Co., Ltd.), not Niteye. And since there are mc-e versions available, I doubt it is new.

Sold through Alibaba, for example. Sometimes advertized with the led manufacturer name (Cree) instead of the actual brand name. Also, a plastic covered body in a 20W led headlamp? I don't know what makes you call it high quality, but I wouldn't call it that, unless I could confirm it myself.

(For high quality high power headlamps, check Lupine.)

Sno4Life

Newly Enlightened
Any idea what the XM-L version costs? Also, how does buying through Alibaba work? It looks like you need to sign in, but can you buy just one or does it need to be a bulk order?

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
A CPF member makes P60-compatible headlamps. Buy his kit (Kavelight) and get real value. Lots of lights out there have "20W" (as in twenty double-u, not twenty watt) in their name, especially from " certain sites."

ayla85

Newly Enlightened
The brand name is KFLed (Shenzhen KFLED Co., Ltd.), not Niteye. And since there are mc-e versions available, I doubt it is new.

Sold through Alibaba, for example. Sometimes advertized with the led manufacturer name (Cree) instead of the actual brand name. Also, a plastic covered body in a 20W led headlamp? I don't know what makes you call it high quality, but I wouldn't call it that, unless I could confirm it myself.

(For high quality high power headlamps, check Lupine.)

Ok, it's wrong to assume high quality unless someone can try it in reality, my fault. But plastic housing with aluminium cooler doesn't necessarily mean bad quality.
There are high quality plastics as well, I don't think it looks to bad.
In Sweden the headlamp retails for approx 749 USD and that is both impressive and confusing at the same time. Would you really try to sell plastic china crap at that price point? Maybe, but this makes me think the
quality isn't like cheapest models out there.

Esko

Enlightened
Any idea what the XM-L version costs? Also, how does buying through Alibaba work? It looks like you need to sign in, but can you buy just one or does it need to be a bulk order?

I have never used Alibaba but my impressions are, that it is a better market place for distributors than for ordinary customers. Another impression is that you should really know what you are doing before using Alibaba.

Ok, it's wrong to assume high quality unless someone can try it in reality, my fault. But plastic housing with aluminium cooler doesn't necessarily mean bad quality.
There are high quality plastics as well, I don't think it looks to bad.
In Sweden the headlamp retails for approx 749 USD and that is both impressive and confusing at the same time. Would you really try to sell plastic china crap at that price point? Maybe, but this makes me think the
quality isn't like cheapest models out there.

749 dollars in Sweden? In Britain it seems to be 95 pounds (~150 dollars, in Karbona Bikes). Confusing indeed, and not a very good sign (of course, not exactly cheap, either). Haven't seen the light sold by any well known quality distributor, an unknown oldish(?) brand, no reviews to be found, questionable design, inconsistent pricing, inconsistent information about the modes (4 modes or the 3 full power modes only? Configured according to distributor needs?)... Not-so-good signs for me.

Plastic is fine and the looks is ok, but the cooler fins are covered with a plastic core which is a sign of bad engineering for a 20W headlamp. Of course, I haven't seen it either and it can be a good headlamp (for $150), but I am not the one who is going to pay for finding that out.

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast