Angryfox        

Thread: LED-Lenser led upgrade with driver????

Default LED-Lenser led upgrade with driver????

Hi, I have the Hokus Focus and was quite happy with it until I read on here that the led dims after so many hours of battery use. Now I got this little torch due to me being a Security Patrol Driver & my 6D Maglite with a terralux 310 upgrade has no spot option!!! It lights up pretty much anything to about 150 metres and aafter that I use my Lenser. Is there a drop in led replacement that has a driver & maybe a higher lumen output just for kicks

Regards,

Trev.

Default Re: LED-Lenser led upgrade with driver????

I dont think its very easy to do any mods to a Lenser.What you can do is get a one of the many better lights available that are smaller very easy to carry & have a much better beam for either the same or less money.I own a couple of Lensers myself & after learning a bit more about lights i wish i never paid the money i did for them.
    What another new light!!!

Well, LedLenser has superior optic if somebody wants focusable light. I was thinking that it would be cool to change driver and led too. But it could be problematic/impossible because of the optic. I don't know how it would work with other led.

Just my 2 lumens ;-) pointing that the idea is not that bad.

Cheers guys, I bought the Lenser under a week ago & am happy with it!!! Just the light seems to be some what hated on this site. I use it on Security Patrol where I have a 200ish metre distance to light up & TBH its just cheaper to run than my 6D Mag with Terralux 310m as I have an abundance of AAA batteries. I wonder if I use Lithium Batteries would it counter effect the discharge / light loss a bit??? Thanks stp for seeing my half sensed idea anyway!!!

I've made my T7 Led lens (4AAA) direct drive with aspheric lens. It still has two modes.
    You dont need aspheric, but I chose it as I didn't like how the TIR worked out with mine.
    Nice part of this mod: you only need to solder, no driver needed.
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...with-XML-T5-T6