Niteye TF20

KnOeFz

Enlightened
The Niteye TF20, 18650 light with a rotary control, like the JetBeam RRT21.
I received a new light today from Marshall at Going Gear., haven't read much about it here on CPF yet so I thought I'd share my findings and pictures..

My findings:
Great fit and finish, love the anodising, love the control ring, feels solid as a rock.
The control ring is a little different from JetBeam, as this one clicks as you turn it, making it not really infinity brightness steps, but plenty to suit most needs.
Will take it out camping next week for real world testing :)

Niteye%2520TF20_01.jpg

Niteye%2520TF20_02.jpg

This beauty is bright! It's my first XML light, no complain.
Nice beam profile, forward clicky, complete accessories.
The lack of knurling on the body does make it a bit slippery.

Last edited:

e_erzan

Newly Enlightened
The Niteye TF20, 18650 light with a rotary control, like the JetBeam RRT21.
I received a new light today from Marshall at Going Gear., haven't read much about it here on CPF yet so I thought I'd share my findings and pictures..

My findings:
Great fit and finish, love the anodising, love the control ring, feels solid as a rock.
The control ring is a little different from JetBeam, as this one clicks as you turn it, making it not really infinity brightness steps, but plenty to suit most needs.
Will take it out camping next week for real world testing :)

Niteye%2520TF20_01.jpg

Niteye%2520TF20_02.jpg

This beauty is bright! It's my first XML light, no complain.
Nice beam profile, forward clicky, complete accessories.
The lack of knurling on the body does make it a bit slippery.

I have one and i love it,definately a keeper and btw the strobe is also adjustable but it wasnt stated in the manual...you go left fully to strobe then click right slowly and it will go to slow strobe....hope you love your new toy,im in vietnam sea now onboard vessel and i can tell you this one of a bright creature same brightness as the search light onboard...the light so bright that my ship's captain thought it was a signal from another vessel...you see the smooth beam it shines....one word,Magnifique!

aau007

Enlightened
This looks so much like a chopped light using old Jetbeam parts or just a cousin of the rrt21.

The head looks like the older Jetbeam Pro IBS.
The control ring probably come from the same old Jetbeam mechanism.
Body, well, just any plain old traditional looking body that even look very close to the rrt21, especially the part near the control ring with the flat hex cut and the rounded curve in to the narrower body.
Tail cap seems to come from the RRT1/2/21, etc. series.
I wonder if the Jetbeam extension will fit on this light to make is 2x 18650.

e_erzan

Newly Enlightened
I have one and i love it,definately a keeper and btw the strobe is also adjustable but it wasnt stated in the manual...you go left fully to strobe then click right slowly and it will go to slow strobe....hope you love your new toy,im in vietnam sea now onboard vessel and i can tell you this one of a bright creature same brightness as the search light onboard...the light so bright that my ship's captain thought it was a signal from another vessel...you see the smooth beam it shines....one word,Magnifique!

And i forgot to add that theres a hidden SOS distress function,you can activate by going near full blast then turn left right left right left right...and walaa! SOS distress function....its like the RRT-21 only made to be better n have more "hansome" look...btw niteye was the designer for jetbeams....

KnOeFz

Enlightened
And i forgot to add that theres a hidden SOS distress function,you can activate by going near full blast then turn left right left right left right...and wa

laa! SOS distress function....its like the RRT-21 only made to be better n have
more "hansome" look...btw niteye was the designer for jetbeams....

Thanks for the SOS info :)

C.M.S

Newly Enlightened
So here I am thinking "why doesn't this have the newish L2" then realized this thread is OLD .
Nice lookin light though .

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
This looks so much like a chopped light using old Jetbeam parts or just a cousin of the rrt21.

The head looks like the older Jetbeam Pro IBS.
The control ring probably come from the same old Jetbeam mechanism.
Body, well, just any plain old traditional looking body that even look very close to the rrt21, especially the part near the control ring with the flat hex cut and the rounded curve in to the narrower body.
Tail cap seems to come from the RRT1/2/21, etc. series.
I wonder if the Jetbeam extension will fit on this light to make is 2x 18650.

Thats because it is:

http://www.jetbeamlight.com/AboutUs.asp