Liteflux lf5xt battery corroded

cuff46

Newly Enlightened
Help...I committed a cardinal sin. I left a aa battery in my liteflux lf5xt flashlight for an extended period of time and now it is corroded and I can't get the battery out. Any suggestions, I hate to ruin the flashlight. I did the same thing a while back with a Zebralight and I sent it back and they replaced it, but I can't find any support for the liteflux. Thanks in advance.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Drill a little hole in the battery. Take a strong and long screw and screw it down in that hole (a good 1''). Use some vise grip to pull it.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
They have these really cool things out now, called Energizer Advanced Lithium, or Energizer Ultra Lithium. They are better batteries that don't leak and have more juice in them too.

Or, there are things called "Eneloops", which are nickel-metal hydride rechargeable AA batteries, which won't leak either.

Regarding support for Liteflux, I believe they are no longer in the flashlight business. And their lights are now classic collector items, getting prices of upwards of $250 on the CPF marketplace.

Here's some advice.
Throw away all your alkaline batteries, and never buy any of them again. As you have repeatedly found out, they will cost you far more money in damage than they could ever save you in purchase cost.

Last edited:

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's some advice.
Throw away all your alkaline batteries, and never buy any of them again. As you have repeatedly found out, they will cost you far more money in damage than they could ever save you in purchase cost.

!00% agree

I love the signature from member BATTERY GUY : Friends don't let friends use alkaline batteries.

cuff46

Newly Enlightened
Drill a little hole in the battery. Take a strong and long screw and screw it down in that hole (a good 1''). Use some vise grip to pull it.

The problem with the Liteflux LF5XT is that when you take the rear cap off, it has a battery tube with a closed end that would normally slide out to relace the battery. Because of the corrosion, the battery tube will not come out. I'm with you all about not using alkalines any more, but I really want to save this flashlight so would love to get the battery out?

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
According some pictures from SELFBUILT review, you could remove the head and then be able to do the drill trick.

http://forum.fonarevka.ru/showthread.php?p=48256&language=de

Before doing anything, remove as much possible alkaline gunk with a brush and wear latex glove, that stuff is toxic.

If the drill trick don't work, you could use a clamp to secure the body in place then try to punch the battery out of the tube (assuming you succeeded in removing the tailcap and the head). You can use a ratchet socket smaller than an AA and a hammer.

No luck? Try it again but first let soak the body with the battery in lemon juice or vinegar for a couple of hours.

If it finally worked, clean as much stuff as possible again with vinegar or lemon juice.

Let us know if you succeeded or not!

Last edited:

cuff46

Newly Enlightened
I was able to get the fron part inscrewed, but the electronics unscrewed with it makining it so I still cannot see the battery. When I get home tonight Ill try some lemon juice or vinegar on the front section. I did dribble a few drops of vinegar into the battery tube this morning and it's sitting at home now. Hopefully, after sitting all day I'll be able to work it free. Thanks for your response.

cuff46

Newly Enlightened
No luck, everything is frozen with no movement. I hate to say it but I think my Liteflux is dead.

Sir Lightalot

Enlightened
Don't throw those parts away just yet...the tail-cap on mine is pretty beat up :p So sad to see a Liteflux die... I'm sure there is some cleaning chemical made for this situation that you could buy, but I've never had to do it, seeing as I always use NiMHs.