Flashlight shop in Bangkok downtown?

kilion

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Travelling to Bangkok soon, anyone knows a good flashlight shop in Bangkok downtown?

Thanks in advance!

Kilion

arek98

Enlightened
MBK center may be worth visiting. Remember that there were couple of shops/stands with flashlight.
MBK is basically a mall with all kind of stuff.

Qoose

Enlightened
Be careful of what you pick up there. Bangkok is a great smorgasborg of shopping, but don't expect any quality. I saw knock offs of knock offs on the street, and maybe Ultrafire quality stuff inside the big malls. Thankfully you probably won't pay more than a few bucks for anything.

CVLPA

Newly Enlightened
TANK have some stores in major shopping malls in Bangkok. No copies as far as I could determine. Google "e-tankstore". Got my Fenix TK35 there. TacticalThai also have a good selection, but i don't know if they have a physical store.

Anaconda

Newly Enlightened
I browsed through several of the Siam Square -malls extensively last year for the same purpose. I found a couple trekking stores (probably the forementioned TANK-stores) carrying a couple Surefires and Fenixes. The prices were higher than even here in Finland.

I also recall finding one dedicated flashlight dealership online operating in Bangkok, perhaps it was the TacticalThai CVLPA mentioned. They seem to have a proper website and a considerable selection.

Then again, at least in MBK one can find plenty misc. booths with random "tactical gear" from knives to optics and flashlights. However, knowing what you're buying won't be a simple task as the products are presented without packaging in heaps of other stuff. I don't recall whether I saw any cheapy brands that I recognized, but I'm guessing that a keen capability in recognizing at least the emitter would come in handy when trying to find anything worth wanting. It will of course also be hard to get the price down to any reasonable level as the vendors have developed "rip off" into the finest of arts.

kilion

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help and warnings! :broke:

I found Link removed. that looks rather professional but it's far from downtown.

Last edited by a moderator:

ARA

Enlightened
I browsed through several of the Siam Square -malls extensively last year for the same purpose. I found a couple trekking stores (probably the forementioned TANK-stores) carrying a couple Surefires and Fenixes. The prices were higher than even here in Finland.

I also recall finding one dedicated flashlight dealership online operating in Bangkok, perhaps it was the TacticalThai CVLPA mentioned. They seem to have a proper website and a considerable selection.

Then again, at least in MBK one can find plenty misc. booths with random "tactical gear" from knives to optics and flashlights. However, knowing what you're buying won't be a simple task as the products are presented without packaging in heaps of other stuff. I don't recall whether I saw any cheapy brands that I recognized, but I'm guessing that a keen capability in recognizing at least the emitter would come in handy when trying to find anything worth wanting. It will of course also be hard to get the price down to any reasonable level as the vendors have developed "rip off" into the finest of arts.

I had the same experience. Tank has three or four stores in different malls in the downtown area, they have a website as well http://www.e-tankstore.com/
The Surefires were ridiculously priced as were the Fenixes, although i did pick up some Surefire branded merchandise. Worth visiting though if you are desperate as i was.

You'll find plenty of street sellers and carts in and around the downtown area but if you ask me its a tourist trap. The vendors are very sharp and can be found ripping tourists who do not know any better. If you ask me don't hold your breath.

If you do have time do go and check out the gun market near old siam center near Pahurat. But then again the prices will be pretty steep. IIRC Thailand has a high import tax and VAT, which adds around 17% to any imported product.

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tax on guns is more like 500%. A Glock handgun will run you $2500 or so. As for flashlights....it's all junk, or it's good stuff at crazy prices. Anything branded in America including clothing, shoes, etc. (even if it was manufactured in China) is very steeply priced. Go to a NorthFace store and see what I mean!

Also...you won't find anything made in Thailand that's any good. Thailand is a labor pool for western companies who set-up factories there. I have never found a competitive product that is from Thailand. They export rice. That's all.

Last edited:

brightbulbs

Newly Enlightened
I don't think they'd have real super strong flashlights there but probably many good knockoffs!

kilion

Newly Enlightened
As for flashlights....it's all junk, or it's good stuff at crazy prices.

Comparing prices from US with the thai shop that I mencioned above it's not so bad, for example for a T60CS it's like more 5%.

Anyway Europe is more expensive so for me it looks like a good deal... :whistle:

Last edited:

CVLPA

Newly Enlightened
Comparing prices from US with the thai shop that I mencioned above it's not so bad, for example for a T60CS it's like more 5%.

Anyway Europe is more expensive so for me looks it like a good deal... :whistle:

+1

The prices are very good compared to Sweden. I'm thinking of buying the Fenix TK70 for USD 176 next time i go there (next month). That is about USD 130 cheaper than in Sweden. It's a good store, i got my SC600 from them and can't be happier.

crashunit007

Newly Enlightened
Hey I know this is an old thread but I've been living here between Thailand and the USA half the time here and there for over 6 years now, but been in Thailand a few more months that I really have been meaning to, due to circumstances and really miss buying and getting new lights & modded lights online and getting bored with my small collection of custom and stock lights I brought with me. So really want to know if there is anywhere decent I can go to in bangkok to find some new high powered flashlights to either check out, buy or possibly even trade or sell? Hell im down to even meet up with a fellow Thai flashaholic to compare flashlights! Brought a few of my V54 small and larger high powered flooderes and throwers, and custom P60 lights as well so I don't feel too alone and incase anyone wants to check them out. But I'm getting withdrawals and need to get some new lights to feed the beast, lol. So anyone know any specialty flashaholic shops or a flashaholic meet up in bangkok Thailand? Or going to MBK is my only shot at finding something? Anyways, hit me up at [email protected] incase I don't get your message or reply here, thanks!

Last edited:

Chadiln

Newly Enlightened
Hey I know this is an old thread but I've been living here between Thailand and the USA half the time here and there for over 6 years now, but been in Thailand a few more months that I really have been meaning to, due to circumstances and really miss buying and getting new lights & modded lights online and getting bored with my small collection of custom and stock lights I brought with me. So really want to know if there is anywhere decent I can go to in bangkok to find some new high powered flashlights to either check out, buy or possibly even trade or sell? Hell im down to even meet up with a fellow Thai flashaholic to compare flashlights! Brought a few of my V54 small and larger high powered flooderes and throwers, and custom P60 lights as well so I don't feel too alone and incase anyone wants to check them out. But I'm getting withdrawals and need to get some new lights to feed the beast, lol. So anyone know any specialty flashaholic shops or a flashaholic meet up in bangkok Thailand? Or going to MBK is my only shot at finding something? Anyways, hit me up at [email protected] incase I don't get your message or reply here, thanks!

Hi crashunit007 - Have you tried UNAGUN? they are located in a mall called Amarin Plaza, 2nd Fl. next to the Erawan Hotel / 4-Face Buddha. They have a good selection of flashlights and camping accessories.