Wow, everything I read and heard about the Fenix LD01 is true...

appliancejunk

Enlightened
Today I received my Fenix LD01. Like other flashlights I researched it at CPF and youtube.

Then I ordered it and waited. I know it's a model that has been around for awhile and is nothing new, but I'm still amazed with it.

About three weeks ago I order the Inova XS 1xAAA in my search for my first 1xAAA flashlight.

I think the Fenix LD01 just blows the Inova XS out of the water, lol...

Love the 3lm low on my Fenix LD12 and now I have a 1xAAA flashlight that also has 3lm low setting.

Also as many others have said here the 26lm on Med seems perfect and 72lm on high is like WOW, brighter then I ever expect out of a 1xAAA flashlight.

Will post a few side by side photos of the Inova XS and LD01 tomorrow.

The specs on the Inova says it's 2.9 in and the LD01 is 3.0 inches, but the Fenix seems to be just a little smaller in diameter.
But side by side the Inova seem chunkier and maybe it's because of the weight difference, not sure.

Another happy LD01 owner. :)

appliancejunk

Enlightened
In TI?

Please tell me more about the TI version.
Limited edition? When were they made?

Seen the SS version on ebay but did not know if I wanted a heavier LD01.

CyberCT

Enlightened
The LD01 is my EDC keychain light and I absolutely love it. It's not even the XPG version, it's an XRE in it I believe (which is what Fenix used before they upgraded it to the XPG). As soon as Fenix upgrades it with the XPG2 I'm going to upgrade.

appliancejunk

Enlightened
As soon as Fenix upgrades it with the XPG2 I'm going to upgrade.

Should be soon being I just bought mine, lol...
Will be nice when they do and a perfect excuse for me to purchase another one. :)

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
As soon as Fenix upgrades it with the XPG2 I'm going to upgrade.
If they don't manage to put a damn side switch on the LD01 too, I'll buy the XPG-2 too when it comes out!

Oh well, lol...

I'll stop searching for it now. :)

Just pulled the trigger on the R5 SS version: I hadn't bought a flashlight in nearly 5 months: I feel better now! :D

Last edited:

appliancejunk

Enlightened
If they don't manage to put a damn side switch on the LD01 too, I'll buy the XPG-2 too when it comes out!

I don't think there would be room, but who knows what they will think of next.

Just pulled the trigger on the R5 SS version: I hadn't bought a flashlight in nearly 5 months: I feel better now!

Congrats! Let us know what you think of it.

Racer

Enlightened
The LD01 definitely lives up to the hype in my opinion. You can still get the LD01/E01 gift box for $35-$40.

tickled

Newly Enlightened
I have the SS R5 version. It has a very nice beam with the orange peel reflector. However it is as heavy as everyone says it is. It's really noticeable when I'm holding the E05 in the other hand.

DucS2R

Enlightened
I gave them to all my staff and my family for Christmas presents a few years back. I don't think any one of them uses them. Wish I had kept one for myself.

T

appliancejunk

Enlightened
The old ones used to be PWM, the new batch is now constant current (no PWM).

One must be careful if ordering online, you might get the PWM version if it's not advertised as constant current version.

Ok, the one I received from BrightGuy.com don't have PWM.
Did not know the old ones had it, thanks.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
The old ones used to be PWM, the new batch is now constant current (no PWM).

One must be careful if ordering online, you might get the PWM version if it's not advertised as constant current version.
By "old one" do you mean the Q5 version? If so it would be enough to check out the specs: if I remember correctly the Q5 had 10-lumen instead of 3-lumen low and there are even slight differences in the body design though they are not easy to notice unless you compare the lights side by side. If you buy from an online store that advertises the specs correctly there's no risk of getting an old version with PWM.

Congrats! Let us know what you think of it.
Thanks! I definitely will and post some pics too! :)

Last edited:

tam17

Enlightened
"85lm" R2 and R3 had PWM and notorious purplish tint (had one), though they're becoming a rarity on the market. R4 and R5 ("72lm") are current-regulated, have longer runtimes and usually greenish tint (have one). Both are good flashlights, albeit a bit hard to activate with one hand (break-in period needed).

Cheers

Latest posts