Flashlight you've given away

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Just recently I gave a good P60 light, charger, 18650 cell to a friend of the family who's such an unusually nice person,
it's hard to put to words.

Trying not to overload him with the technology in it, I gave him a few keywords to remember.
That night he called and was really blown away on the light,, he said it was "really bright & thanks again".
The emitter was a Q5 xr-e 5A tint, one mode drop-in.

He couldn't have been happier with it :thumbsup:

Thinking about it, I'v given away at least 10 flashlights,, every one has a small story behind it.

Have you given away any lights & does one story stand out?:):)

cheers,,

Last edited:

Mikeg23

Enlightened
Sure flashlights make great gifts I have bought lights as gifts and also given away a few retired lights. Mostly to family and friends, plus little kids love them too. I bought everyone lights for Christmas one year, when i got married I gave all my groomsmen as well as my father/father in-law lights, I've given out a couple of the older LED upgrades for mag lights, and like I mentioned earlier given friends old lights that I no longer use....
The one that stands out though was when I purchased a poly stinger w/ piggy back charger for a coworker on his last day at our facility. He was a mag light user and going on to a bigger and better job so I told him he needed a better light. He nearly cried.

Last edited:

beach honda

Enlightened
I have given numerous fenix E01s, a few thrunite Ti, fenix LD01s, 47's mini 123 and cr2s, a quantum DD, a surefire E1B, and a few misc others I can't remember at this time. If someone shows interest, I do my best to water that flower.

Al_D

Newly Enlightened
Being the 'Boy-Scout-Ex-Mil-Prepared-For-Any-Eventuality' sort of guy (I suspect many of us are) many friends and colleagues sometimes look upon my EDC a little ****-eyed. That is, until what I carry becomes handy.

A holiday stocking stuffer favourite is the microlights and penlights. It seems the ladies get more use out of theirs as navigating some of their cavernous purses require a flashlight or two.

Gifting a tool that someone enjoys and uses is quite satisfying indeed.

T45

Enlightened
I have given away an Inova X5....decent light, just didn't care for it. Gifted a Maratac AAA, a Mini Mag, Gave away another Mini Mag, gave away a Romisen RC-A4 2 mode, the modes were high and almost high :shakehead, have gifted 2 Icon Rogues, a good light for non-flashaholics I think, and a iTP A3 to an ex GF, she really liked the red color.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
I have given all my Inovas that I bought at Target away, my Jetbeam-M III, a Surefire 6P Incan. to my friend who is a K-9 officer, a 6Z (which I later regret) to my LAPD neighbor. The important thing is to remember that when gifting lets say a CR123 light to a non flashoholic they will get a heart attack when they go to CVS, Walgreens, etc. and see the price on the batteries and when giving them a charger and Lithum Ion batteries you have to break it down about the dangers of using lithium ion batteries or they will blame you when their house goes down in flames.

Last edited:

jellydonut

Enlightened
I gave one of my A2s to a friend who was unemployed at the time, yet lusted after a Surefire light. He definitely seems chuffed with it. :eek:

I also gave a neat three-stage AAA twisty to a girl I know. The kind of light you can put on your keychain, makes for a nice gift.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
ive given every family member a few lights each.
surefire hosts with malkoffs for general use. an E1L for my sister, xeno AA lights (the red and blue finishes sold me).
a variety of keychain lights for everybody. and some maglites, and inovas.

gifted a jetbeam RRT-0 to very good friend
surefire E2DL to my best friend along with fenix E01 for him and his girlfriend.
preon 2 and jetbeam E3S to another good friend. and a fenix E05 for his dad. (my uncle)

samuraishot

Enlightened
My older brother came to visit me once and was leaving early in the morning for his 10 hour drive back home. So before there was daylight, we went out to put some things in the trunk of his SUV. We needed more light, so I went and grabbed my Z2 with a M60 drop-in (which was my very first light!). After shining the light down the driveway and seeing the look on his face, I had to give it to him. That was about 2 years ago and he still has and uses it constantly :) I couldn't be happier, but I do miss the Z2 sometimes..

Glock 22

Enlightened
I gave one of my friends a M31N. The main reason why was he was the one that got me into flashlight. Plus those keyring lights that lighthound and places in with your order, I've gave several of those away.

Last edited:

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gifted an Olight Titanium AAA (aka ITP A3) to a very good friend. He likes that light so much that he quit carrying his EagleTac D25C because he said the little AAA put out more than enough light for what he needs.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have given all my Inovas that I bought at Target away, my Jetbeam-M III, a Surefire 6P Incan. to my friend who is a K-9 officer, a 6Z (which I later regret) to my LAPD neighbor. The important thing is to remember that when gifting lets say a CR123 light to a non flashoholic they will get a heart attack when they go to CVS, Walgreens, etc. and see the price on the batteries and when giving them a charger and Lithum Ion batteries you have to break it down about the dangers of using lithium ion batteries or they will blame you when their house goes down in flames.

I gave away several Jetbeam BC-10's last year which run on a CR123, but knowing that CR123's can cost between $5 - $11.59 apiece around here at stores, I also included 2 Titanium Innovations CR123's and an Energizer CR123 with each light. That way they have 3 battery refills for it, and I also gave them a business card from batteryjunction to remind them of where to get more batteries when those run dead.

pwhite87

Newly Enlightened
Sure flashlights make great gifts I have bought lights as gifts and also given away a few retired lights. Mostly to family and friends, plus little kids love them too. I bought everyone lights for Christmas one year, when i got married I gave all my groomsmen as well as my father/father in-law lights, I've given out a couple of the older LED upgrades for mag lights, and like I mentioned earlier given friends old lights that I no longer use....
The one that stands out though was when I purchased a poly stinger w/ piggy back charger for a coworker on his last day at our facility. He was a mag light user and going on to a bigger and better job so I told him he needed a better light. He nearly cried.

I had a similiar occurance with the one flashlight I've given away. A 62 year old co-worker was finally retiring and I had worked with him for nearly 3 years almost every day. He had those completely junky hardware store specials, (3 lights for 9 bucks kinda thing) and I was always teasing him about them( in a very endearing way of course). I keep a Klarus XT2C in my toolbox at all times and he thought I was deranged for spending over 60 dollars on a light. I also kept two Minimag LED lights still in packaging in box from a rare sale at the store. During his last week I asked him to accept the light and procede to smash the current light he used with a sledgehammer. He was like a nine year old that discovered the lingerie section of the Sears catalogue for the first time:grin2:. The most rewarding part of the gift was that I saw him at the hardware store 4 months later and what was he doing? Buying batteries with the light holstered on his belt. THAT'S the feeling I hope others have when doing something nice and not expecting anything in return. ( Cheers Douglas)

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gave my gf at the time my E2DL, i had just got my backup and she had to go to her car late at night after classes.

6P to my buddy.

I upgraded my friends E2D incan to the 200lm head.

Gifted a bunch of cheapies.
Just have my parents a Mag 3D. They complained they didn't have any flashlights after i moved out.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, I've given away a few flashlights. Given an EO1 or Monarch 200 to every member of mine and my wife's family as well as a few close friends. I gave my TK20 to a good friend who had a 9 x 5mm flashlight for checking on his 5 acre property.

I gave a 4D SSC-P7 modded Maglite to another friend who thought his Eveready Dolphin was the bees knees. Showed him the TK41 and then he hops online and buys a TK70 and some ni-mh cells and a charger - YEAH BABY!!!

Also given away a couple of half decent 3AAA led lights endowed with an XP-E plus high and low modes, amongst some other budget lights I've bought and gotten bored with.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have given away a few flashlights to friends. And actually I would have given away more, but some people don't want a good flashlight, not even as a gift...:(

Complete lights:
*2x Fenix E20(two different friends)
*Solarforce 3AAA(to a mate)
*Fenix TK20(40 years birthday present)
*Fenix LOD(45 years birthday present)

Modificated lights:
*2AA rubberized Duracell with Terralux ministar1
*2D rubberized Sonca with Terralux ministar1(christmas present)

yliu

Enlightened
Varta Indestructables and other cheapo light.

It's surprising that a lot of people don't bring a flashlight with themselves when hiking, so I always have a few spare cheap ones that I can give away.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Brother in law was going duck hunting and he needed a bright light to find the duck blind in the wee hours of the morning. I gave him a M3LT.

T45

Enlightened
My Brother in law was going duck hunting and he needed a bright light to find the duck blind in the wee hours of the morning. I gave him a M3LT.

:eeksign: You GAVE away a Surefire M3LT?!?!?

MaNCuBuS

Newly Enlightened
Gave a Gladius flashlight I never used (but paid 200 bucks for years ago) to a buddy who went back to patrol. Also gave a Olight i3 to my g/f for her keychain...

Latest posts