Inova, still around? Re: warrenty

VampyreWolf

Newly Enlightened
OK, details first...

I bought an Inova X5MT back in april or may, was new when I got it(about 20-30sec on batts to make sure it worked before I got it).

I made about 17-19hrs on the first set(factory batts), and then nothing. I've tried Energizer(e2 photo lithiums) and Surefire... barely enough juice to power the LEDs(100% dark room, and you can see they are getting power).

I've emailed Inova 5x so far, and nothing.

Is Inova still around even? I'm looking at dumping this light in the mail and seeing what they do, if they don't get back to me within the next month.

notamchris

Newly Enlightened
I sent an old x5 in to them that was having switch problems, and got a brand new shiny x5t in the mail pretty soon after.

I would go for the mail option, they were pretty quick for me.

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have sent E-MAILS to them my self about other issues, and I too never got a response back.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

bgenlvtex

Newly Enlightened
No offense intended but you do realize the batteries go in backwards so you are looking at the positive post when installed correctly right?

TCG

Newly Enlightened
Are you putting the batteries in the right direction?
It would be an easy mistake to make, as the x5t requires
the positive end of the cells to be facing the rear.

Backwards from most other lights. The inova 24/7 also requires inserting the batteries negative end first. Strangely, the new x1 takes its food positive end first.

Something to check, if your not aware of it.

VampyreWolf

Newly Enlightened
I'm fully aware of the batts going in backwards to most lights, if they went in the other way it would supply no power at all.

I just don't post a lot over here, though I do read a lot and lurk(usually not logged in).

notamchris: what did it run you for cost to get warrenty done? I have a knife hobby, and most warrenty with that is 10usd or so for return shipping.

TCG

Newly Enlightened
No offence intended. It would be a easy mistake to make, and you're right about no light output at all if the battries are backwards.

VampyreWolf

Newly Enlightened
TCG: I'm not one to give up easily. I even tried 2 sets of the e2's(went back to the store and asked if you had a set I could try, to check if I got duds).

I've been trying to get a hold of them since early June.

if I seem offended, it's just that I tend to be more or less professional in forums, email, and writing in general. I don't spend a lot of time jerking around when I'm trying to do something. I made many of my teachers mad in Highschool(May 02 Grad), giving them papers that read more like a legal paper than an essay or report.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would suggest calling them. I had a 24/7 that was having problems and they are replacing it no charge.

notamchris

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
VampyreWolf said:
notamchris: what did it run you for cost to get warrenty done? I have a knife hobby, and most warrenty with that is 10usd or so for return shipping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I didn't send it in with any money, I just mailed it, then they sent me a new one. I am not sure if you are supposed to send them money for shipping, but I didn't have to I guess. P.S. I am from Ontario, so you shouldn't have any shipping problems...

Greta

Flashaholic
Thread closed in General Flashlight and Headlamp Forum. See clone thread HERE in LED Forum. Software glitch.