JETBeam digital display series were launched

pinetree89

Enlightened
That heatsinking on the head looks a lot like a Zebralight.

It seems like the form factor increased in size significantly to support the 7-segment display. It appears to be heavy on function, light on the form IMO.

Newly Enlightened
Maybe DDC20 is more suit for me as I need a high brightness and 18650 battery can help me save a lot on battery.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
well i don't need a display that tells me im in strobe mode, or in any one of the 3 (only!) output levels for that matter

fuel gauge is very useful though, but nitecore explorer RED led does the same job with less bulk

would i be buying this? probably not

Newly Enlightened
well i don't need a display that tells me im in strobe mode, or in any one of the 3 (only!) output levels for that matter

fuel gauge is very useful though, but nitecore explorer RED led does the same job with less bulk

would i be buying this? probably not

Maybe this fuel guage can be more precise and I agree with you that the mode display is not very practical,lol

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Give it a control ring with nine levels, then use the display to tell me where I'm at. Also, give it the ability to flash through the numerals of the current time. And if they're feeling really generous, flash through the numerals of the current degree heading.

tam17

Enlightened
Also, give it the ability to flash through the numerals of the current time. And if they're feeling really generous, flash through the numerals of the current degree heading.

I'd like the altitude and outside temperature readout :naughty:

Cheers

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like another gimmick to me... all I'd need is a simple low battery warning led.

Next they'll have one that transmits radio via bluetooth.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like another gimmick to me... all I'd need is a simple low battery warning led.

Next they'll have one that transmits radio via bluetooth.

yeah that would make more sense. why make the light bulkier if you can just readout the battery gauge on your mobile phone via bluetooth. the geekiness factor just overwhelms the sheer impracticality of it :)

Last edited:

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why does the display in the photos show mode 9 when they only have 4 modes? Ridiculous.

I think that "9" means that battery is 90% full. The display shows both mode and battery power level.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jetbeam's gone... digital?!

(record scratch)

Now that's what I call progress (NOT a gimmick)!

Newly Enlightened
I agree with you for we can arrange our time for charging the batteries and it is especially helpful for the products with no protection board. Maybe we need more innovating to make better flashlights.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Cooperating with easily operation of side control switch
Found this gem in their description. If they're going to give us a digital readout, it should be 100% under our control what it does and doesn't do, and the levels should be user programmable as well so we can select high or low first, how low the light will go for those who like extremely low levels and those who have no need whatsoever, not to mention getting rid of strobe if we like.
Interesting possibilities bypassed in preference of gimmicky tomfoolery.

Latest posts