ever make a light w/ a head on each end?

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
I think it would be cool to make something like a Mini-Mag into a cylinder that has a head on both ends. One would be super flood, the other a thrower.

Wondering if both ends are threaded the same, and if somehow the switch could still be via turning the head. Or if one side would have to be electrically isolated (plastic spacer tube?) and have some wires run. Maybe a body switch that would have a diode to control direction of current flow (flood -off- throw) ?

Can't cheat and just glue two 1-AA's together at the butt end. :p

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've often thought about this. With Peak offering mule heads now, it might be cool to try it with an optic head and a mule. One problem you might have would be the battery direction would always be wrong for one head or the other. Of course, I'm sure that could be overcome.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

samuraishot

Enlightened
Five mega makes a double headed e-series body both on gray and black :) but it's a bit bigger than a AA size of course

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
you would have to run wires down the tube to properly feed the other end, I was thinking if you had it set up so when you loosen one end it shorts out that end so the other has a complete battery path but then I though.. people are stupid and would loosen both ends and have batteries shorted together... :eek:

archimedes

Flashaholic
I think it would be cool to make something like a Mini-Mag into a cylinder that has a head on both ends. One would be super flood, the other a thrower.

Wondering if both ends are threaded the same, and if somehow the switch could still be via turning the head. Or if one side would have to be electrically isolated (plastic spacer tube?) and have some wires run. Maybe a body switch that would have a diode to control direction of current flow (flood -off- throw) ?

Can't cheat and just glue two 1-AA's together at the butt end. :p

I've often thought about this. With Peak offering mule heads now, it might be cool to try it with an optic head and a mule. One problem you might have would be the battery direction would always be wrong for one head or the other. Of course, I'm sure that could be overcome.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Both fivemega and Peak have released tubes of this sort ....

There's a schematic & photo (about halfway down Post#2) of the Peak Baltic Sea, in this thread -

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...oduct-Lineup&p=2695458&viewfull=1#post2695458

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I'm happy with a proper taillamp:

Cap1.jpg

Norm

Retired Administrator
Peak Led Solutions have made flashlights with this configuration.

Wolf Eyes had LED tail caps for there incandescent lights.

Norm