What is best drop in for a D Cell Maglite

SUNDAYBAIN

Newly Enlightened
I currently have a Cree Q5 Led drop in my Maglite but i would like more distance than what i have ,any recommendations folks

SUNDAYBAIN

Newly Enlightened
Thanks jonny it costs more to ship the Malkof than it does to buy one,how does the T6 drop in compare i can get one for 35 euros

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
What dropin do you currently have? I've got the TTS XP-E and XP-G drop ins and with the SMO reflector and fairly large Mag head they easily out throw my other lights, even ones that are magnitudes more powerful.

Any XM-L drop in is more likely to offer up a larger wider hot spot and brighter spill, but I'm not yet convinced they'll throw massively further. I'm in the process of building a custom XM-L U2 2D Mag running on 2x26650's and should be driving the LED @ 2.8A I'm hoping this will out throw my XP-E (180 lumen) TTS Mag. But I'll have to wait a couple of weeks (waiting for the LED) before it'll be finished.

Other option is to go aspheric lens from DX. I've got one of these on my XP-G TTS Mag, it does throw a bit further and certainly more light on the target. But you'll lose all the spill.

If you want throw on a budget the Ultrafire HD2010 seems to well respected and runs on a single 26650. Available for $32-35.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
than forget about tle310. it wont work with 2 alkaline cells, it will still work if you use 2 18650 or 2 26650. but not 2 alkalines.

Latest posts