Next in line for Fenix PD Series?

mtdewmike

Newly Enlightened
Is there any talk of the next installation of the Fenix PD series? I have the PD31 and my co-worker has the PD32. I like the changes that were made on the PD32, but before I jump the gun and get one of them, I was just curious if anyone knew if there is going to be a PD33 in the near future. I know their site doesn't list anything at this time.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't seen any news on the evolution of the Fenix LD12/22 PD22/32. Your safest bet is probably to write Fenix a mail and ask them directly.
From my experience Fenix CS are very friendly and quick to reply too.

If you are on FB, I think their page is called Fenix Worldwide: you could possibly post the question in a comment there but with all comments from hundreds of users it might go unnoticed or they might not want to disclose their upcoming products.

My take is, considering the S2 version of the LD12/22 PD22/32 were released recently, I wouldn't expect something newer before Christmas at the very earliest, possibly not before Q1/Q2 2013.
The newer version could simply be the same lights with a newer emitter (XP-G2). I wish they would update their LD10/20 PD31 lights with newer emitters but I think is unlikely - unless their sales of the LD12/22 PD32 dropped significantly compared to the earlier models.

If you like the new PD32 UI, you should get it.

Hope it helps!

Last edited:

mtdewmike

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I was sort of thinking along the same lines - since they came out with the S2 version recently, I'm not getting my hopes up on a "PD33" anytime soon.

I may send them an email, though, at some point.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really wish they came with a PD33 that allowed easy one hand operation rather than having mode selection on the head switch and on/off on the tail switch.
Who knows, maybe Santa will bring us a Fenix present before we know it!