Searching G4 Pins

Mkala

Newly Enlightened
Hi all ;)

To build my G4 LEDs I need a bi-pin connector, 4mm pitch and about 0.7mm diameter.

Anyone know where I can buy these ? Tried to search on ebay and google, but as I am not a native speaker perhaps I don't use the good terms, so I have not found anything...

Something like this would be fine :

AC_DC7_25v_G4_bi_Pin_G4_2SMD_LED_Light_Bulbs.jpg

Thank in advance for help ;)

SemiMan

Banned
Hi all ;)

To build my G4 LEDs I need a bi-pin connector, 4mm pitch and about 0.7mm diameter.

Anyone know where I can buy these ? Tried to search on ebay and google, but as I am not a native speaker perhaps I don't use the good terms, so I have not found anything...

Something like this would be fine :

AC_DC7_25v_G4_bi_Pin_G4_2SMD_LED_Light_Bulbs.jpg

Thank in advance for help ;)

Do not waste your time with EBAY for something such as this.

RS Electronics or FARNELL will be your preferred source in Europe and you can even use Digikey.

They will have exactly what you are looking for AND they will have websites hosted in your native language to make you life easier though the data sheets may be in English.

In English at least on Digikey:

Product Index > Connectors, Interconnects > Rectangular - Headers, Receptacles, Female Sockets

Search on 4mm (or close) and 2 pins.

Semiman

Mkala

Newly Enlightened
Hi SemiMan,

Thank you for your reply and help :)

Good idea, but I already searched at Mouser and Farnell. Tried Digikey with the path you indicated (just replaced by "male", because I need Pins, not the "socket" for G4) and the best I can find is something like this :

http://www.digikey.ch/product-detail/en/640383-2/A1961-ND/109063

The problem is the diameter of the pin, about 1.1mm and should be 0.7. Without the chamfering, it would be quite hard to put in a ceramic standard socket.

Any other idea ?

Thanks a lot.

stetato

Newly Enlightened
Hi, did you ever end up finding a good source for the G4 lamp base pins?

I am having the same issue now.

I haven't found any suitable part on Mouser, Digikey etc. so I will start sending inquiries on eBay, Alibaba etc. next.

stetato

Newly Enlightened
Is this what you looking for?

Thank you for the link, but I was searching for the male pin connector to fit into the socket in your link.

This was the type of connector I was looking for:
MRgTLYz
YkvY4Pg

After a lot of searching, I found a chinese manufacturer via Alibaba that sells this type of connector.

They do as well custom make parts as per your requests (requires a larger order).

I got a very professional impression from the company representative. I have not yet received the parts, but the photos from completed manufacturing looks good.

Last edited by a moderator: