Anybody lost a Mini Maglite LED?

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I was in the way to work, out in the country today, when I decide my bladder needs to be emptied. As you go, you pull over, duck behind a tree and water it. Anyway, in the way back to the car I notice a shiny black object in the grass. Turns out to be a near new Mini Maglite LED with what appears to be an XP-C emitter.

What's the chances of a find like that?

ericjohn

Enlightened
So I was in the way to work, out in the country today, when I decide my bladder needs to be emptied. As you go, you pull over, duck behind a tree and water it. Anyway, in the way back to the car I notice a shiny black object in the grass. Turns out to be a near new Mini Maglite LED with what appears to be an XP-C emitter.

What's the chances of a find like that?

I lost an original, first generation Mini Maglite LED (circa 2006.) I lost it sometime after Hurricane Gustav in 2008. This was the first LED Mini Maglite, single mode, 3 Watt. I had purchased it in the summer of 2007, when I was starting my HVAC courses.

AmperSand

Enlightened
They are selling these at bunnings at the moment for like $24.95 in a range of colours too!
Multimode model with what looks like a cree xp-c. I picked one up a few weeks ago.

This one however isn't mine :)

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are selling these at bunnings at the moment for like $24.95 in a range of colours too!
Multimode model with what looks like a cree xp-c. I picked one up a few weeks ago.

This one however isn't mine :)

You want to know what's really strange? I was in Bunnings last night trying to decide between a red or silver one of these. Decided not to for some reason (and that's WEIRD!!! not buying a flashlight when the opportunity presents itself), and then today I find one. It was along a section of very recent roadworks (as in yesterday there were men working on this section of road), so I'm going to guess one of them dropped it if they worked late. I might be wrong. The PWM on low mode is so bad I'd nearly chuck it out too.

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
You want to know what's really strange? I was in Bunnings last night trying to decide between a red or silver one of these. Decided not to for some reason (and that's WEIRD!!! not buying a flashlight when the opportunity presents itself), and then today I find one.

You should now carry that flashlight with you wherever you go. Destiny brought you together for a purpose!