• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired All Gone: P60 Triple Blanks - (Lux-RC Compatible)

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
**** ALL GONE ****

Hi all,

I have for sale pure copper, silver electroplated P60 based triple blanks. These blanks are designed to take 20mm triple MCPCBs and Carclo 20mm triple optics. The base is suited for your typical 7135 based drivers of 17mm in diameter:

Note the blanks are silver coated - they look copper in appearance because of the dark timber table I took this photo on. They are shiny and very reflective.

Also included with each blank sold is a bare black parallel wired triple XPG MCPCB.

The asking price is AUD$50*. AUD$40*

*That's Australian Dollars.

The price includes regular shipping to anywhere in the world. Additional services are available at added cost. Please PM me if you want to add anything like tracking, insurance or registration.

If you want your blank drilled to accept Lux-RC modules this can be provided at no cost. The example below still needs to be cleaned an plated:

img20121117111616.jpg

Payment is to be made to modern69messiah{at}gmail{dot}com. Please include in your payment the following details:

(1) CPF Handle
(2) Number of desired blanks

(3) Total Cost

Once your payment has been received your drop-ins will be set aside and shipped as soon as physically possible..

As usual if you have any questions or comments please do not hesitate to ask!

Thanks!

- Matt

Last edited:

iqwozpoom

Newly Enlightened
Re: Copper P60 Blanks For Sale (WRIGHTLIGHTS)

:paypal: Thanks Mattaus!
Oops, forgot to add to paypal notes "one coated pill"

Last edited:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Blanks were ordered today and the lead time is one week. Provided there are no hiccups (and never say never) I should have them ready to ship before the end of next week.

- Matt

hjdca

Newly Enlightened

Cool Blanks ! I now own your V1 Triple #12.. Great triple, my complements... I was thinking to try to build a triple myself with XP-G2s and your blank, but, I could not find any triple stars with the XP-G2... Are any available anywhere? I was also thinking to build a triple with XPEs, but, I am worried it might be low on lumens.. Any recommendations?

jcalvert

Enlightened

Cool Blanks ! I now own your V1 Triple #12.. Great triple, my complements... I was thinking to try to build a triple myself with XP-G2s and your blank, but, I could not find any triple stars with the XP-G2... Are any available anywhere? I was also thinking to build a triple with XPEs, but, I am worried it might be low on lumens.. Any recommendations?

Cutter has a triple XP-G2. To see all the XP-G2 configurations, click here. Good luck!

Peace,
John

p,s. To Matt: I wish you a speedy and successful recovery!

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

You can use the Cutter triples John mentioned yes. A few notes though:

1) The Cutter series connected triples are the easiest to work with BUT you will struggle to find a driver that will fit in a P60 pill that is capable of driving 3 emitters in series (one with modes at least).

2) The Cutter idividually addressable triples are the most flexible but to wire them in parellel is a pain. I used these MCPCBs for my original run and found the best solution was to run 6 individual wires to and from the driver...I spent most of my build time cutting, tinning and soldering them! I have solved this problem - I have on order 100 custom MCPCBs suitable for any emitter with an XPG footprint (XPE, XPG, XPG2 and 219). The board is parallel connected electrically which means you only need 2 wires. Super simple. The only down side is you need to reflow solder the emitters yourself. 100 is more than I will ever need though so I will be selling spares to anyone who is interested. They cost me $400 (damn $150 design fee) so at $4 each they are quite expensive. I'll likely sell them at a loss though because some return is better than no return!

hjdca - check your PMs shortly :)

To Matt: I wish you a speedy and successful recovery!

Thanks John :)

dengdam

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: Copper & silver Plated P60 Triple Blanks

what are these new pcbs made of? getting them custom made? can we request any to be made out of copper or something?

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

what are these new pcbs made of? getting them custom made? can we request any to be made out of copper or something?

Just Aluminium sorry (but with copper PCB traces). I am having them custom made and they were originally for my own purposes but had to buy quite a few to just get a minimum order. I could ge them made from copper but I'd have to order thousands to make it worth while. I'll likely remove my offer above anyway as a reasonably popular shop is about to begin selling the same things (well close enough anyway) for quite a bit less than I can! No harm done :)

Sorry.

- Matt

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hoping to pick up the drop-ins this afternoon...if not it will have to wait until Monday (they're not open weekends). I'm just waiting on the phone call to tell me they're done!

- Matt

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

The blanks have been machined and I plan to pick them up this afternoon on my way home from work (provided my lift is happy to make the detour - which he should be).

I will plate and ship orders out as soon as possible.

I have also decided to throw in a free blank triple XPG footprint MCPCB with each heat sink. This makes wiring easier for the average DIY'er. The MCPCBs are black and completely devoid of writing other than the +ve and -ve terminal markings. They're perfectly round, have mount points for Carclo 20mm triple optics and have XPG foot prints so you can re-flow XPG, XPG2, XPE and Nichia emitters if you want.

I am still waiting on these to arrive however so I will send the MCPCB separately when they do get here so I don't hold up your heat sink shipment....unless you are happy to wait (should be about a week). Please let me know what you would prefer via PM.

Thanks!

- Matt

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Picked up the blanks this afternoon. Quality as expected - excellent. Just need a little bit of de-greasing. I will get my brother to plate them when he has time this week and ship out those that have ordered Saturday morning (unless they want to wait for their free MCPCB). sorry for the smartphone pics - all I had on me:

img201210221620001.jpg

img201210221722401.jpg

img201210221722521.jpg

img201210221723141.jpg

Thanks as usual :)

- Matt

Norm

Retired Administrator

Looking good Matt, I'll wait until everything is ready.

Thanks Norm

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

First post updated with new pics. Will electroplate some this Friday to get some photos of those up.

- Matt