Are fenix ld10 and l1d parts interchangeable?

m0sfet

Newly Enlightened
I am just wondering if the threads on the battery tubes are even the same so i can interchange the heads and tail caps. Thanks for your help.

aau007

Enlightened
No, I tried. Since the LD10, Fenix switches to the square threads.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had read the parts of the earlier LD10 - the one with no knurling and no clip - were interchangeable with the L1D. The parts of the later Q5, R4, R5 models (with knurling and clip) are not.

m0sfet

Newly Enlightened
I assume ld10 and ld20 are interchangeable?
Do you guys know where i can get a battery tube for the ld10? Thanks.

aau007

Enlightened

When I had my LD10, I emailed Fenix and they indicated they did not sell the LD20 tube by itself and referred me to inquire at the dealers whether they had any bad lights they would sell as parts. I would be under the same assumption for LD10 also (no individual tubes unless a dealer has a bad light and would sell it as parts).

m0sfet

Newly Enlightened
Did you have any success getting a bad light from a particular dealer? If so, please let me know which one. I'll try it as well. Thanks.

aau007

Enlightened
Did you have any success getting a bad light from a particular dealer? If so, please let me know which one. I'll try it as well. Thanks.

Nope. I emailed a few dealers and no one had anything to offer aside from a working demo light for a little discount. I guess the LDs are so reliable that no one really had a bad one for parts. Then the light is also HA3 so one will have to roll it over with a car before the light engine will give. At that point, you don't want that tube either.

For the time and energy you may be spending hunting down a tube, might as well buy the other LD in the secondary market if you don't want to pay full price for a new one.

BTW, LJ in NC has 20% off on Fenix now and you can get the LD10+E05 or LD20 or LD12 for under $45.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, it is possible: Fenix distributors usually sell these spares as far as I know and I know one for sure that does.
I'll send you a PM with the details.

aau007

Enlightened
Yes, it is possible: Fenix distributors usually sell these spares as far as I know and I know one for sure that does.
I'll send you a PM with the details.

BTW, can I get that PM info too?

Please be careful when ordering. I thought I found a LD20 tube but it was the older style that would not interchange with my LD10 R4 head because of different thread pattern. If you have a R4 or later LD10, make sure you ask them whether the tube has square threads.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW, can I get that PM info too?

Please be careful when ordering. I thought I found a LD20 tube but it was the older style that would not interchange with my LD10 R4 head because of different thread pattern. If you have a R4 or later LD10, make sure you ask them whether the tube has square threads.

PM sent

m0sfet

Newly Enlightened
I wish I can read german. But I can't seem to find the ld10 tube in the english version either. Thanks anyway.

aau007

Enlightened
I wish I can read german. But I can't seem to find the ld10 tube in the english version either. Thanks anyway.

I managed to get it by cut and paste sections into Google Translate. Pretty accurate I say.

In a nut shell, there are 3 tubes on that site. ld10, ld20 and pd20. They are each Eu21.90 - 16% (no VAT outside of EU) + Eu4.90 shipping = Eu23.30, roughly = US$30 (exchange rate at 1.3), then add 3% foreign transaction fee from your credit card makes it around US$31.20. That's assuming US Custom does not assess any fees on the item.

It is up to anyone's value. $31.20 for the tube/switch/clip or buy a complete light at lightjunction.com with 20% discount.

m0sfet

Newly Enlightened
I agree. $31 for a tube is rediculous. I wonder if I can get a used one... Anyone wants to sell me their used LD10 R5 :)