Preon 1 not working after dropped - Can I swap a new emitter?

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all,

My GF dropped the head of her Preon 1 on the floor the other day and since, it has stopped working. It's definitely the head as I swapped the body onto my Preon 1 head and it works just fine. I tried to remove the emitter from the damaged head, but it's in there pretty tight. Can the emitter be swapped out or even upgraded to a newer XGPG2 or even an XML:D? It's the older darker blue version and I went to great measures to track one down for my GF as it's her favorite color, so I'd like to simply replace the emitter if I can. Cheesy I know, but hey, it scored me brownie points! Any help would be appreciated. If there's someone willing to mod it for me for a reasonable price, please chime in.

Thanks,
Dan

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all,

My GF dropped the head of her Preon 1 on the floor the other day and since, it has stopped working. It's definitely the head as I swapped the body onto my Preon 1 head and it works just fine. I tried to remove the emitter from the damaged head, but it's in there pretty tight. Can the emitter be swapped out or even upgraded to a newer XGPG2 or even an XML:D? It's the older darker blue version and I went to great measures to track one down for my GF as it's her favorite color, so I'd like to simply replace the emitter if I can. Cheesy I know, but hey, it scored me brownie points! Any help would be appreciated. If there's someone willing to mod it for me for a reasonable price, please chime in.

Thanks,
Dan

My gut is that it's the electronics behind the emitter, rather than the emitter itself. Why don't you just send it 4/7s, for warranty repair. Great customer service and surely <10 yrs old.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
It's pretty hard to break the emitter from a drop. Like Reppans said, it's probably something in the rest of the electronics that broke. Just try 4sevens' customer service. If that doesn't work, then look into mods.

I'm not sure how many boost drives will fit in there. Even if they did fit, the mode setup might be different.

BTW, what's a XGPG2 emitter :p (Assuming you meant the XP-G2)

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's pretty hard to break the emitter from a drop. Like Reppans said, it's probably something in the rest of the electronics that broke. Just try 4sevens' customer service. If that doesn't work, then look into mods.

I'm not sure how many boost drives will fit in there. Even if they did fit, the mode setup might be different.

BTW, what's a XGPG2 emitter :p (Assuming you meant the XP-G2)

Yeah, that's what I meant actually, the electronics part of the head. Thanks all. This helps.

And yeah, that's what I also meant, XP-G2, LOL... dang LED's changing so fast now a days I can't keep up with them unless I log on here everday!