Convert my surefire E2E

Limey

Newly Enlightened
The bulb went again in my well used E2E. I am thinking of a conversion to LED any recommendations??.
Or...........Would I be better just dumping it and starting again??

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumens Factory makes LED LA for the Executives.

Or, you can get the E to C adapter and Z44 head to make it compatible with P60 drop-ins. The possibilities should you choose this option is... Endless.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the forum. I happen to like the E-Series body size for every day carry, since it's thin and provides a usefully long run time.

One option would be to pick up a Surefire KX2C 200 lumen single output head assembly, with TIR optic. I actually searched for this exact head yesterday, and found them for $105 from a couple online stores. I bought an F04 difuser a couple weeks ago, and it makes the E2D LED's beam much more useful for close range work, yet removes easily for long range spotting.

If you're interested in dual output, the E2D LED's head will provide a 200 lumens high and 5 lumens low outputs when used with any E-Series body. Since this isn't sold as a separate upgrade part, it may be difficult to locate.

I recently bought a Valiant Concepts VME head to use with an E2L and like it a lot. Not only is it shorter than the KX2C, but it is usable with any Malkoff M60 or M61 drop-in, and probably those of other manufacturers also.

Grizz

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good suggestions above.

You could also get the KL4 head from Surefire which is a non-TIR optic head which gives you a nice beam that has a pretty good hot spot with plenty of spill. Around $75

You could also try to find (or wait, if they make more) a Veleno Designs e-series drop in. They are around $65 when you can find them.

The veleno is the most attractive option in my opinion, since your E2E would appear completely factory but have the efficiency of the LED. Unfortuantely Veleno Designs hasn't made a batch of these in quite some time, and from what I've heard they had a run planned towards the end of the year, but that may or may not happen.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
TNVC also offers a self-contained LED module that screws on to the body, much like the Surefire upgrades.

I have a Valeno designs module, but I'm probably going to try the VME ti head instead. The Valeno designs are great room lighters, but I find I don't like it as much for other applications.

Limey

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys !!!! just ordered the Valiant Concepts VME head and a Malkoff M61 drop-in from malkoffdevices.

Coolz

Newly Enlightened
I'm very interested in your results, as well. I love my E2e (it's funny, I was just mentioning it), but I'm completely sold on LED's now.

- Coolz

Limey

Newly Enlightened
Just got the setup. Thanks for the advice, boy this thing is a Beast. The old E2E did not compare. Head is larger but looks great and output is phenominal for such a compact package. I might well use this as a Duty backup light (LE) which it was always inadequate for in its original configuration.