• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Feeler on a couple of lights

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just finished a couple of mods.

The first is a KL4 with a DownBoy 1000. It now has a Q3J in it, but as soon as my 3W's come in, the KL4 is getting another upgrade. It has a beautiful beam and has lots of throw.

The other mod/build is a McLux PR head. It has a BadBoy 700 and a V2T luxeon in it. The light is definitely on the warm side. When comparing it to the Q3J, it kind of has a greenish tint to it, but when using it outdoors, I can't tell. It was my first McLux build and I think it came out pretty nice, except that I kind of went overboard in preventing a short. I AA'd the solder points at the luxeon then went over the exposed contacts with nail polish. I also used some shrink wrap on the wires. I guess I was paranoid. The LED is centered and the reflector is spaced for a nice beam.

I must say, this McLux PR setup impressed me. It has flood and throw. Just like the 1W only more of it. Actually I think the 1W throws a little farther.

Would anyone be interested in either of these? If so, what do you think they're worth? I'm sure that you guys realize that these mods weren't cheap and I'm trying to decide if I'm going to keep them. If I'm able to sell them, it will only be to do others just like them.