SF E2e switch problem

Esthan

Enlightened
Hi,

I've had few E2's in the past and can't hardly remember if the clicky switch when turned on did rattle like the one I'm having now. In off position all I okay, when on something seems to be loose inside.

Before I'll try to find someone in Poland who handles SF warranty issues I wanted to ask You if that is normal for the switch to behave like that or not.

Przemek

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two of mine rattle when the switch is on, and not when it's off. One more easily and loudly than the other.

A new one I just received today doesn't rattle at all. I'd say if it still works, then don't worry about it.

Grizz

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like you probably got an older version of the Z57. Unfortunately it is normal for these switches to do that, but not desirable. They are not reliable switches and Surefire has an updated version of the switch they came out with in 2006 or early 07. I would contact Surefire about a warranty replacement, they should replace it with the updated version of the switch that has self contained mechanism and metal collinder around what appears to me a slightly larger gauge spring compared to the older units. I have taken apart the old switches before and sprayed all the small parts with CLP to get them working again, believe me putting them back together is not fun.