How much did you pay for.....

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
End table made in the New England area in the 18th century appraised for $80,000 on antiques roadshow, sold for $137,000.And no it wasn't mine dang it.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
That's just {slang term for cat}whipped!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif
It's a {vulgar term for having intercourse} $2 bill!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I`m glad I don`t collect rare money! I`m having a hard enough time trying to collect the regular stuff, and couldn`t possibly ever collect enough of it to be able to collect the rare stuff too. If you get what I mean? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

At least paying >GB£100 for a box of 20 1960s Pifco decoration lights doesn`t seem so bad any more!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

DumboRAT

Enlightened
Yikes! That's a heck of a hobby!

I also like knives -- but I've yet to *_really_* dump money down this road. I've got a coupla customs and semi-custom productions....along with a rotation of high-end productions which I EDC, but I'm truly a beginner there.

=)

My other hobby? Airsoft.....

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/beta/html/nukebrowser.php?filnavn=/projects/complete_castor_troy/complete_castor_troy.htm

Those toys cost more than I'm willing to share as an adult.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Let's just say that they're between the cost of a Kimber and a Wilson. And yes, that's each piece, alone.

Allen
aka DumboRAT

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I have the kind of collecting luck that would nearly guarantee they would find 20,000 previously unknown but identical bills the day after I pad my $30,000. It would drop the last 3 zeros from the value of my bill. I would be so aggravated I would pass the bill at Wendy's for a "Double stack" and regular fries. The next day they would announce the newfound bills were a hoax and I would get arrested for trying to hold-up Wendy's. 5 years later while reading the newspaper in my cell I would bang my head against the wall while reading the story about the former cashier at Wendy's that was the new Chairman of the Board after her huge stock buy financed by the sale of the rarest bill on earth.

I will be sure to warn everyone before I take up a new collecting hobby. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I collect used up old telephone insulators. Some of them have been known to go for over $20,000.00, and they're just some old glass objects that used to be up on the crossarms of telephone poles, and nobody in their right mind should pay attention to them. But there are people who collect the asinine things. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif I'm guessing my most valuable one (a Hemingray-20 in cobalt blue) is worth around $200.

Saaby

Flashaholic
At least flashlights do something. What's a $2 do? Sit there and look pretty? Cars, knives, flashlgihts, watches...they all DO something.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
ummmm, I collect antique fans. I also kind of collect antique flashlights but I am going to give that up. I just want 3 good antique flashlight for the family room and thats it. I will be unloading my collection of those soon.

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
Jon I seem to remember someone paying around $600 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif for a new flashlight. But then I did say "besides flashlights" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Didn't that person get a TRUE Flashaholic designation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Saaby said:
At least flashlights do something. What's a $2 do? Sit there and look pretty? Cars, knives, flashlgihts, watches...they all DO something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe that's why you have that attribute under your username. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif