PCB for Arc AA?

EnabLED

Newly Enlightened
I have an Arc LS AA that originally had about a 30 lm/W LED in it. (I also have the CR123A base but have never used it as AAs are so convenient.)

At some point, I tried to replace the LED with more lm/W, but in the process (oops) fried the driver/PCB. (I conclude "fried the PCB" because re-installing the original LED it still does not work.)

Does anybody have a suggestion about what is a good drop-in replacement driver? When I looked around it seemed like the Arc LS was an unusual size. Before I spend a lot of effort trying to figure this out (and do something else wrong!), I thought I would ask if anybody else has already gone through the trouble and has suggestions.

If there's more than one choice, for my use, most lumens and floody is good. A U-bin XM/L and total loss of "hot spot" would be great! Replacing the reflector is fine.

I have access to some basic (but not accurate) machine tools if there is something easily modded-in.

I have other "daily driver" lights and could just toss the Arc, but it has some sentimental value, it would be nice to have it "back".

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this a first run arc with a separate bezel? I assume not because you said youve removed the stock pcb.

I know an aleph e-screw will thread into an arcs head. I dont know of anyone who has spare original converters. But perhaps with some modifications you could fit a driverbfrom the sandwich shoppe.

I bought an arc a while back. I sent t to milky to be modded.

EnabLED

Newly Enlightened
Is this a first run arc with a separate bezel? I assume not because you said youve removed the stock pcb.

I do not know what "separate bezel" means, but it looks like this:

http://home.comcast.net/~garylouie32/cpf/ArcLStakeapart/ArcLSdisassembly.html

(no, not mine).

It is about 19mm diameter and it looks like with optic, etc., about 17mm tall. The LED "dome" is just over 5mm diameter and base looks to be about 7.8mm diameter; the LED base is important if I reuse the optic, as the LED sits right on the end of the optic (rather than, say, being spaced off by having the PCB sit on a spacer or shoulder). From battery terminal to base of the dome is about 5mm.

There's some space to use a driver or driver+optic that is a different height than the original, but I don't know how much.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I can repair the stock Arc LS driver for you as long as there is no physical damage on it.