NEBO ARMY TAC-180

Phased_Array

Newly Enlightened
My local hardware store had a 25% off sale on the NEBO lights so I got an ARMY TAC-180 just for the fun of it for around $25. Kinda fits in the X10-S12 Maelstrom physical size platform. And has a sort of frag grenade machined texture.
http://www.nebotools.com/prod_details.php?id=131&cid=31
To my surprise it has a great reflector that outperforms my other lights costing (!)X as much, for tightness of spot beam.
It really has a tight beam pattern, tighter than my current 'spot throw' master Maelstron G5, or my Nailbender/Aspheric. At 180 lumens it has a little less lumens when it gets there tho.
There are many other details 'wrong' with the light; I doubt the undersized 'O' rings are waterproof, the machining tolerances are 'loose', and I'm not a fan of the '3 AA' holder.

I machined the 'pill' for a perfect mating surface(which was non-existant) with the star and added some thermal compound. And I machined the endcap for '3AA' OR 26650 and noticed a more consistant output with the Li-Ion.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw them at my local Frys Electronics, but wait to find a review on it. I'd thought that with the U.S ARMY name on it, it would be somewhat tougher. I might pick one up and load it with some Energizer Lithium cells. I need something that can handle the up coming winter.
chiphead