Putting a McClicky in SF UU06??

AR_Shorty

Enlightened
Does anyone know if I can put a McClicky switch into a Surefire UU06 weaponlight tape switch if I pull the guts out of it? Will I be able to screw a McClicky into the weaponlight switch?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
If the tailcap is built/shaped like a Z41 (including the threads), the McClicky kit should fit right in. But if the UU06 is a rare as it seems, it should be easier to trade it.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's like the Surefire tape switch that I have it won't work. The hole where the button goes is a larger diameter and the threads end short. They bore the area where the threads end to a larger diameter so the brass insert from the Mc Clicky + brass kit will screw on then it'll fall into the gap where it will rattle around loose. When you tighten the tail cap onto the body everything tightens up, but, you're hoping that the tail button lines up with the switch underneath and it'll feel spongy as the cap tightens. Then there's the issue of the hole being larger than what is typically used on a Z41. I believe that it's a 17mm hole, but, I haven't measured it to get an actual number.