Quark tailcap button

Nippy Dye

Newly Enlightened
Just received a Quark QP2L-X and love it except for the tailcap button requiring almost a Herculean effort to depress it. Maybe I'm unfairly comparing it to my fenix and Sunwayman, and I gues one positive is that it's not going to turn on accidentally, but I'm wondering if it'll loosen up somewhat over time.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received a Quark QP2L-X and love it except for the tailcap button requiring almost a Herculean effort to depress it. Maybe I'm unfairly comparing it to my fenix and Sunwayman, and I gues one positive is that it's not going to turn on accidentally, but I'm wondering if it'll loosen up somewhat over time.

Is it super stiff to move the switch a millimeter, or does it take a deep, hard press to click it? If it's the second one, tighten the tailcap ring; otherwise ask customer service. Mine is easily clickable by my 2-year-old, but then it is older than she is.

Nippy Dye

Newly Enlightened
It may be my imagination, but mine seems to be loosening up a bit after playing with it this afternoon. Regardless, it's a great light, and I couldn't be happier.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's actually really stiff to begin with. You'll appreciate that more over time. Mine's going on three years now, being used daily and the switch is still firm.

Nippy Dye

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the responses. As i said, it seems to be loosening up a bit, but it wasn't a deal breaker even if it didn't. I'm still very pleased with the light.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
For about $9.00 you can get the tactical clickie which is easier to click.