I had no idea!!!!!!!

harebawl

Newly Enlightened
Even after spending a year on here lurking, I had know Idea how small some of the CR123 lights were. I had seen a SL Scorpion before, but, this weekend I saw the Surefire lights on display at a local sporting goods store........WOW! The E2, G2, A2, and G3(3 cell Nitrolon?) And I have to say they are much smaller than I had ever pictured them being. You guys have to start posting pics with something as a size reference. ie Pack of cig., Bic Lighter, Can of soda, Dollar Bill etc......

After seeing these I am seriously considering mabey a L4...? I really think some of these pics with a known reference would help alot of people "see the light"!!!

makar

Enlightened
I agree. just received my e2e and although i knew the photos i didn't realize it's so small.

on the other hand i received my arc aa and didn't realize how much bigger than the arc aaa it is. but nevertheless it looks/feels great! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a very good idea. I place a 6 inch machinists ruler with my knives to give size comps.A popular comp is the Mini M@g almost everybody has or has seen one and can relate then

ksbman

Flashaholic*
I felt the same way about the red 24/7 I just received.

I've seen the pictures, even the one of it in a hand, but when I opened the box I was surprised at how small it is.

I think it will be more useful that the Derringer I have.

chrisn1niq

Newly Enlightened
I agree with the idea of including a size reference. A ruler is good for international viewers where other items may be lacking.

BTW: I was also surprised when I saw a Surefire in person.

Chris

harebawl

Newly Enlightened
The ruler is pretty good I guess after you have seen some of these lights. I have seen these pics., but for some reason the size never really was apparent to me. The rulers I use vary from small machinist scales to large drafting rules. Maybe thats why the ruler didn't do it for me...? I just thought some other physical familiar object would be better?

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about something all flashaholics are familiar with like an AA or CR123 battery ?

harebawl

Newly Enlightened
I'd go with the AA I really think that would help.... Everybody knows what an AA is! I just thought it was a shame that all this time and the amount of pics I saw, I never got a good feel for how big the lights were. When I finally saw them I was thoroughly impressed!

MXDan

Newly Enlightened
I have to agree, after hearing suggestions on the E2e, I bought one and when I opened the box I was disgusted at how tiny it was, it was even smaller than my 2AA M@g! Then I turned it on... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

DarkHelmet

Newly Enlightened
Very true, I ordered my G2 without having seen one in person. I sure was surpised when I first saw it! The AA battery sounds like a good idea as a reference.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
I just thought some other physical familiar object would be better?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why all new reviews include a reference picture vs a Minimag now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

inova_24-7_size.jpg

harebawl

Newly Enlightened
Quickbeam, I think that does show the size better than the ruler! Not a bad standard for showing size of the smaller lights...Most people have seen a 2AA Mag....

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll vote for a 6" scale or AA MiniMag as size references if only one is used. A single AA battery or 12" scale, while at the extremes of usual flashlight size, are good for lights close to those limits. The MiniMag or 2D Mag rather than only a ruler, are also useful for width comparisons.