Mr Bulk Lionheart On/Off Button Replacement

dad3and3

Newly Enlightened
I have a Mr Bulk Lionheart in bare aluminum which I really like. I've had it for quite some time now and lately the on off button is getting harder to push. I think the rubber cover is just getting old and stiff. Due to a disability my fingers don't work as well as they used to and that might be a factor as well since you have to push the button 3 times in rapid order to get the light to turn on.

Anyone know if it's possible to replace the rubber and if so, where to get a part and how to do that? Maybe there is someone that repairs these as I don't have the dexterity in my hands to do this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sorry to hear youre having trouble with it man. i think your best bet would be the modified lights forum if you need some good help with getting a part made for it or a good replacement: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?17-Homemade-and-Modified-Flashlights-Discussion

i'm mentioning that because i tend to think of the LED Flashlights subforum as being mass produced lights and the regular guys at the Modified lights forum can probably whip you up a new part or find one for you real quick :)

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take the rubber cover out and push the button, if it on at one push, then just replace the rubber cover only.

dad3and3

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply. Seems it's more my manual dexterity that's the problem rather than the switch itself. I have a degenerative nerve disease and I guess I just can't press the button fast enough. You need to push it three times quickly to turn it on. My Son has no problem but I just can't push it fast enough. Looks like I should sell it and look for a twisty on or something with a larger button and one push to on.

I appreciate your help, Thanks.