Why so much for a 1.37" diffuser???

skeeterbait

Newly Enlightened
Was going to order a P2X Fury today to upgrade my G2X for a deer hunting tracking light. 2.5x the lumens would be great. Found the Fury for $108, but seems no one has the diffuser in stock. So I went to Surefire to order one. They want $140 for the diffuser??? I think I paid $40 for the diffuser for the G2X. Without a diffuser the Fury would be useless for my purpose. What gives with this price? Anyone know an alternate source that has them in stock?

skeeterbait

Newly Enlightened
So is the one on my G2X. It is identical except its for 1.25" instead of 1.37" A 1.62" diffuser is $85.

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before I got the FM34 diffuser, I thought the EXACT same thing. "Why the hell is a diffuser cover so expensive?!"

Upon receiving it, though, my opinion completely changed. It was nothing short of a heavy duty piece of work, and even that's probably an understatement. It wasn't a flimsy piece of crap, like Fenix AD401 which, by the way, I had two of and neither survived for more than a month. Unlike the AD401, the Surefire diffuser was completely over-engineered to survive anything that the light can.

It's expensive, yes, but I think the quality of the product justifies it. With the diffuser cover, you basically have two lights in one; a thrower and a flooder. Not to mention the fact that it's definitely going to last as long as the light.

I did see some sellers offering it for around $100, though. Range Master Tactical Gear, for one, has it listed and in stock for $98, so you might want to give them a try.

Latest posts