New 350 lumen stinger led

Dorkwheeler

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have one of these yet? I dont see the Streamlight site updated yet. I see them advertised and wonder if anyone has beamshots comparing the new 350 lumen version vs the 185 lumen version. Also wondering if they have any plans for a poly version.

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: New 350 Lumen Streamlight Stinger LED Flashlight

Looks like we might be re-reviewing the Stinger LED...going to check with Streamlight about the updated version.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

It's rare to get exciting news from SL.

Looking forward to more info. about this one.

my#1hobby

Enlightened

This one is news to me. I'm in for one as I already have 3 chargers laying around, so $85 for the light isn't too bad. Wish they would have upgraded the battery though. :(

Just noticed that the Streamlight Stinger LED HP has also been upgraded to 350 lumens as well, it should throw like crazy now.

Last edited:

Jay611j

Enlightened

Just noticed that the Streamlight Stinger LED HP has also been upgraded to 350 lumens as well, it should throw like crazy now.

I'm all over that new Stinger HP. I have the older model and love it. Into the shopping cart it goes :D

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast

Actually, I doubt it...the new LED is probably going to have a larger die than the XR-E, which will decrease throw.

SimulatedZero

Enlightened

Actually, I doubt it...the new LED is probably going to have a larger die than the XR-E, which will decrease throw.

Do think there's any chance that Streamlight may have pulled an unprecedented move and gone straight to the XP-G2 with these lights?

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast

Since the runtime is the same, the LED has to be twice as efficient. If the XP-G doesn't meet these requirements, it could be an XM-L or XP-G2.

Streamlight's marketing hasn't been informed about these lights yet, so I'm not sure when I'm going to get samples.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
New 350 Lumen Streamlight Stinger LED Flashlight

According to an Ebay ad, "Now with C4 LED Technology."

.....Wish they would have upgraded the battery though.....(QUOTE]
You could get the NiMH, but I suspect that you were hoping for lithium ion?

As for me, I will stick with my old Streamlight Stinger with the TerraLUX LED upgrade.

http://www.terraluxportable.com/product/tle-st1-ex/

Last edited:

my#1hobby

Enlightened

According to an Ebay ad, "Now with C4 LED Technology."

[QUOTE(QUOTE]
You could get the NiMH, but I suspect that you were hoping for lithium ion?

As for me, I will stick with my old Streamlight Stinger with the TerraLUX LED upgrade.

http://www.terraluxportable.com/product/tle-st1-ex/
You would be correct (lithium ion), but it actually saves me from having to buy new chargers since these new lights are still compatible with the old ones. I was looking at that MiniStar upgrade, is it anywhere near 300 lumens to your eyes?

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
New 350 Lumen Streamlight Stinger LED Flashlight

.....I was looking at that MiniStar upgrade, is it anywhere near 300 lumens to your eyes?

I certainly can't tell with my naked eye if it is 350 lumens. My basic motivation was to take an old, dim incandescent Streamlight Stinger, that was not being used, and turn into a very bright light that gets used again, and I certainly have accomplished that.

my#1hobby

Enlightened

I'm all over that new Stinger HP. I have the older model and love it. Into the shopping cart it goes :D
Will you post your thoughts on it when you get it? I have the 185 lumen Polystinger, and I'm wondering if it will be worth it to get this new Stinger.

Jay611j

Enlightened

Will you post your thoughts on it when you get it? I have the 185 lumen Polystinger, and I'm wondering if it will be worth it to get this new Stinger.

Sorry just noticed your post... When I saw Robin's post about it not throwing as far due to possibly a bigger die, I decided to wait until I see a review. I don't want to buy it and it not throw any better than my older HP.

Jay611j

Enlightened

I have confirmed that it uses an XP-G2, and Streamlight's specs show that peak beam intensity has increased to 56,000 candela. It should throw farther than the previous model.

http://www.streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=172
Thanks Robin, I guess I will be purchasing one then :grin2:. I'm actually shocked that they upgraded to this LED so soon.

my#1hobby

Enlightened

EDIT: Never mind, I found my answer.
Thanks Jay for the reply. Looking forward to your thoughts on it.

Last edited:

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
New Streamlight Stinger LED – 350 Lumens

This excerpt from Bright Guy may answer some questions.....

http://www.flashlightuniversity.com/streamlight-stinger-led-350-lumens/

http://www.brightguy.com/Streamlight/Streamlight+Stinger+LED+Flashlight

The Streamlight Stinger LED has just gone through a major update. The lumen rating was improved to 350 lumens from an old rating of 180 lumens – almost double the previous output. Most of the improved output comes from a larger center hotspot in addition to a brighter spill light. The corona of the new beam appears much smoother overall. If you are a flashlight newbie and would like to learn more about flashlight beams, watch our short Flashlight Beams 101 video. The new Stinger LED has the same size and design of the previous Stinger LED models. So if you already have a Stinger LED, you don't have to worry about buying new chargers for the light – you can use your old ones!
Streamlight Stinger Beam Comparison

The 350 lumen Streamlight Stinger has a wider center hotspot with a smoother beam pattern overall.
Streamlight Stinger Beam Distance Comparison

Streamlight Stinger Beam Distance Comparison
Streamlight Stinger LED

Comparison of the old and new emitters in the Streamlight Stinger LED flashlight.

The Stinger LED, Stinger DS LED, Stinger LED HP, and Stinger DS LED HP have all been updated to 350 lumens. All new Streamlight Stinger LED models are available at BrightGuy.com. BrightGuy stocks over 450 types of flashlights and is an authorized distributor for Streamlight, SureFire, Fenix, Underwater Kinetics, Princeton Tec, Petzl, LED Lenser, Pelican, and more.
Share this:

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast

This one is news to me. I'm in for one as I already have 3 chargers laying around, so $85 for the light isn't too bad. Wish they would have upgraded the battery though. :(

A Nimh battery pack is available.