Thoughts on the EagleTac D25A2 Twisty Please...

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got one of these with a neutral emitter on my short list of lights to get. My intended use will be to keep it in my backpack or my day-hiking pack as a backup/emergency light.

Everything I've read about them so far has been good. Any concerns about this light? Any comments about beam profile, modes, UI, etc.?

Any info would be appreciated.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't own this light but I noticed that the specs say its low end goes from 3 lumens to 60 lumens.... 20x seems to be a heck of gap in what should be the most often used range. Thought this might be the case since Selfbuilt's review of the D25A2 Clicky shows similar gaps mode1: 0.2 > 65, mode2: 9 > 90.

I have the D25A Clicky in XML NW and quite like the tint, floody beam, UI and mode spacing.

Maybe the long warranty won't matter to you with this being a storage light, but if it does you should consider buying from a dealer that will handle the international shipping for you - I've read warranty repair requires shipping to Asia.

Last edited:

andrewnewman

Enlightened
I own a D25A2 and, for backpacking, it's not a bad choice because it is barely heavier than the 2AA batteries it houses. The neutral tint in mine tends a bit toward green at the lower lumen levels. Construction is good and is has, so far, been very reliable. It has 5 "somewhat" hidden disco modes none of which I use. I say somewhat hidden because it requires that you "twist" through the 3 brightness levels twice before the first "disco" level is exposed. Problem is that it has no timeout so if you go through the brightness levels and then 20 minutes later want to adjust the brightness, you run the risk of hitting the 5 (!!) disco levels. Not ideal IMHO.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Concern: ET will move quickly to upgrade to the N-W xp-g2 R4, so you get ~10% more output, and ~10% more specific throw, for ~20% greater throw.
Slightly lower Vf of xp-g2 should enhance efficiency.
Shiny bezel & clip.