EXPERIMENT 626- Shootout**PICS COMPLETED***

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
experiment 626? what is that??(you may ask) well you'll find out soon enough. hint-if you have kids, you may know

Anyways, this was a beamshot comparison consisting of 29 lights.(5-6 from my brother's small collection) The lights consisted of ALL of those in my SIGNATURE(minus SF e1e) plus+++ the following:

UK 2aaa led
Brinmann Rebel led
Value Bright lantern-faceted reflector-4.8v krypton
Value Bright lantern-smooth reflector-PT40 HO bulb
Sams Choice 3d-converted to 4C-KRP103
Collimator 3aaa light-(brother's)
Mini LGI-(brother's)
Brinkmann 2aa Badboy 400-(brother's)
PT40(krp103)-(brother's)
PT Rage-(brother's)
SL TL3 led-(brother's)

All beamshots were taken from 7 ft. from "target" and camera was placed 1 ft. behind the head/business end of each light.

**Please note, colors are a little off, mainly exaggeration of blue hues to light. Also, the UK 2aaa led seems to have some slight malfunction so the beamshot might not do it complete justice but it is close.
***PICS ARE UP****
here: http://community.webshots.com/user/4x4dragon

be sure to check out the Various Beamshots as well.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Lilo and Stitch!

i love that movie, and i aint a kid no more....

i look forward to the pics.

Bob

Ps though i like any beamshot, my favorite is a "real world" setup, much like the one posted on quickbeam's site. it seems to give a good impression of how useful a beam/light really is.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: EXPERIMENT 626.........!

[ QUOTE ]
pedalinbob said:
i love that movie, and i aint a kid no more....

i look forward to the pics.

Bob

Ps though i like any beamshot, my favorite is a "real world" setup, much like the one posted on quickbeam's site. it seems to give a good impression of how useful a beam/light really is.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i like real-world pics too but it would have been too much of a task to do with 30 lights(52 pics total). i did the next best thing and actually used the lights to light "something" up, kinda real-world like if needed make out a creature lurking in the shadows.(not just white wall testing) i am planning on doing my lights with throw sometime in the future in an outdoor test. that way you would actually be able to see actually how well the Megalite HD does(although i still feel sorry for "626" in this test)

confession: i don't have kids, "626" is not my wifes, i am it's owner /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif love that movie!

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK, time to give out more information. What is the full movie title? I also like many "made for kids" movies.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lilo and Stitch

it is a disney movie, and yes, i own the dvd.

it is hilarious! the angry little 626 cracks me up...the evil looks on his face are priceless.

Bob

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
pedalinbob said:
Lilo and Stitch

it is a disney movie, and yes, i own the dvd.

it is hilarious! the angry little 626 cracks me up...the evil looks on his face are priceless.

Bob

[/ QUOTE ]

i think what cracked me up more than anything was on the outtakes, when they put stitch in the "Lion King" skit. the monkey raises him over his head and stitch goes........"rarrrr!!" all the animals down below scatter! LOL!!!!!!

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast

oops...dont mean to go off topic...but there are many parts that tickle me.

there is one point where he is picking his nose, and ear...and eating it. yup...im a little sick, 'cause i thought it was funny.

or when he made a little city, and stomped through it like godzilla!

drinks beer(?) and crushes the can on his head...

ok, ok...where are those darn beamshots???

Bob

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
pedalinbob said:
or when he made a little city, and stomped through it like godzilla!

ok, ok...where are those darn beamshots???

Bob

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah! i forgot about that part! hilarious! i changed my mind, i think my favorite is, while it might not have been in the actual movie part, it was one of the snapshots that they show in the ending credits.....where stitch is in a clothes hamper and he's got either a bra or a bikini top on his head wearing it like earmuffs!!!

the pics will probably be up thursday or friday as i was up too late last night and need to get some sleep tonight and i have plans for tuesday and wednesday night already.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: EXPERIMENT 626- Shootout-(pics coming soon...)

i hope to also add the following lights to the shootout soon as well as I have them on order:

Surefire L4
TW4
CMG Sonic

If I don't go and watch the sneak preview of Matrix 3 tonight I will load the pics tonight(of the original 30 lights).

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: EXPERIMENT 626- Shootout**COMPLETED***

PICS ARE UP!!, See my original post up top for the address. Please also excuse the larger size of the pics. I have no intention of going back and resizing as just getting these 50 pics named, sized down, and loaded to webshots drove me MAD! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Anyways, enjoy!

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast

very nice!

626 looks like he is being seared by some of those lights.

nice choice in lights! im about to build 2 or 3 of my own angle-lux-alike.
does yours use the 30mm optics? if so, do you find the beam to be too narrow?

Bob

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
pedalinbob said:
very nice!

626 looks like he is being seared by some of those lights.

nice choice in lights! im about to build 2 or 3 of my own angle-lux-alike.
does yours use the 30mm optics? if so, do you find the beam to be too narrow?

Bob

[/ QUOTE ]

my anglelux uses the fraen optics(6 degree i believe). straight from Wayne how he has normally made them. i used it as my primary light for backpacking a couple of weekends back. we hike about 5 hrs. straight the first night and about 2-3 the second night and i don't have any complaints about the beam at all.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast

WOW! all that hard work of setting up the comparison, taking the pics, naming the pics, resizing them, uploading them and i get 1 reply/response!! gee are the pics that bad!?!?!?!?!

hideo

Enlightened

there, there 4x4--the pics are great (I'm still working my way thru them on my slow dialup connection.

if it's any consolation, I've started a number of brilliant threads that attracted little or no attention ... hmmmmm, maybe they weren't that great ...

hideo

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
hideo said:
there, there 4x4--the pics are great (I'm still working my way thru them on my slow dialup connection.

if it's any consolation, I've started a number of brilliant threads that attracted little or no attention ... hmmmmm, maybe they weren't that great ...

hideo

[/ QUOTE ]

thnx hideo! im not really mad or anything, i guess some people could still be going through them as there are 50 and the pics are kinda big. but then again, webshots should be automatically minimizing the pics for viewing.

Latest posts